! 16. She Knows !

- Karsyn POV -

I woke up to Jeremiah not in bed anymore, he must have woken up early. I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Once I finished, I went downstairs to see Jere and Belly talking. "So when does she leave?" Jere asked. "In a few hours, she's upstairs packing right now" Bells said as she fixed herself up a bowl of cereal.

"Morning" I told both of then and took a banana. "Hey. you guys wanna go on a muffin run? I.. have to get out of the house" Belly said

Jeremiah smiled sweetly at her, "I'm always down for a muffin run" He said. "Uh yeah, me too" I glanced at Jeremiah.

"Can you get the keys for from Conrad's room?" Jere asked Belly. "Yeah sure- Uh.. is he home?"

"No he spent the night at Nicole's" Jere said. I took a bite of my banana, "Do you know where he keeps the keys?" Belly asked.

"Drawer across from his bed" I told. Jere and her looked at me. "...what? He puts it there to say he lost his keys because he doesn't wanna give me driving lessons" I shrugged.

Belly slowly nodded and went up to get the keys. "You answered pretty quickly" Jeremiah said.

"You smiled pretty sweetly at Belly" I sassed back. "Wh- Wait.. what do you mean by that?!" Jeremiah whisper shouted.

I rolled my eyes and ate my banana again, "I can see it in your eyes Jere-bearrr! You're lovey dovey with Bells, you can't hide that from me" I smirked at him.

He looked shocked and blushed a bit, "Sh-shut up. Don't say that out loud Karsyn" He remarked and I laughed a little.

- in the car -

I know a lot. I can see it in their eyes, the way they act. Belly told me she liked Conrad when we were 13, but I knew before that. Susannah always told me that I'm smart, and that I can see into things more than other people can

Belly stared out the window and I sat in the back, making small talk with Jere.

I went on my phone after and bit and Jeremiah looked at Belly, "You good?" He asked as she had been quiet the whole ride.

Belly sat back in her seat, "I just.. I don't get Conrad this summer" Belly said in an angry tone.

Me too Bells, me too. "Why? Is it because he forgot your birthday?" Jeremiah asked. "No. It's because he's been acting weird since the first day that I got here" Belly said.

"Yeah trust me, he's been weird for months.. Just forget him" Jeremiah said.

"Look, i'm happy you invited Cam last night.. He's really cool.. Have you asked him to the deb ball yet?" He said.

Belly shook her head with a small, "no"

"Look.. I know Steven and I were giving him some shit but.."

"Mhmm" Belly said and Jeremiah chuckled, "But i think he's really cool And I think you should.."

Belly cut hum off, "Nicole REALLY likes Conrad. And if he's not into her.. that's just messed up"

"It is.." I mumbled.

Jere shook his head and sighed deeply, "What?" Belly asked. Jere chuckled, "Nothing it's just, last night you were all about Cam Cameron.. and today you can't stop obsessing over Conrad" He said.

Belly scoffed, "why are you so grumpy? Huh? Did things not go well with Luke last nightt?" She teased.

They both laughed, "Actually things went really well.. Just had to leave early" Jere said. Belly went back to looking out the window.

I looked at Jeremiah through the rearview mirror, the way he looked at her.

- later -

I was in the kitchen, washing some dishes. Mom really seemed serious when she told us to help Susannah. If i'm being honest, Susannah has also been a bit off but maybe it's just me..

I looked out into the backyard to see Belly and Steven by the pool talking. Seemed like a serious conversation.. probably about Taylor.

Belly came back in and I set down her mickey mouse pancakes on the table. "Your pancakes were waiting for you" I smiled softly. Belly laughed a little.

She put on some syrup and I put the candle on it, lighting it too. "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday my little sister Belly.. happy birthday to you" I sang to her.

"Make a good wish" I smiled and she closed her eyes, blowing the candle after a moment. I clapped and Belly hugged me. I pet her head, "Happy 16th my sweet sister" I said.

She fake gagged, "Since when were you so nice?" She asked and I hit her back hard, "Don't ruin this moment"

Almost at 4k reads <33 Thank you guys
- author