! 24. Change !

- Third Person POV -

Last night, Karsyn hadn't come out of her room, not until it was Steven's turn to get her. Everyone had taken turns to get her to eat but she listened to no one except for her brother.

Everyone that night had stayed up. That morning, Conrad and Belly sat on the beach next to each other, just enjoying each other's presence.

"I can't believe she said yes" Conrad smiled. "You did it. You changed her mind" Belly said. "Oh it wasn't me, it was Jere. He did it.." Conrad looked down.

He turned his head and looked at her. "Belly i'm sorry for being so shitty all summer" He admitted. "I mean, you were going through all this alone. I-I wish you had told me so you didn't have to" She stammered.

"I wanted too.. I was close to telling Karsyn." He said. Silence came over, Conrad looked at her lips. "Um. We should go in" Belly said.

"There's so many things I want to say to you.." He told her. Belly stood up, "Don't. Not now" She said.

"Why?" He asked, getting up too. "Cause you-you really.. really, really need somebody right now, and.. I don't want to be the kind of person who takes advantage of that right now." She said.

"I don't just need somebody.. I need you" Conrad said. In the back of his mind, he wanted Karsyn.. but there was Belly right in front of him.

"I don't want you to need me.. I want you to want me." She stated. They stared at each other's eyes, Conrad swallowed in nervousness, "I do want you" He told her.

He raised his hand to move his hair and place his hand on her cheek. Hesitantly, he moved his face closer until they kissed. They slowly pulled away from each other and looked at each other's eyes, smiling. They pulled each other into another kiss, one more passionate.

Karsyn turned around and started walking away from them, back into the house. The last piece of her heart finally breaking.

She said to herself that she would wait for as long as she can, how long can she go for when her heart is already broken?

Karsyn struggled to carry her surfboard with her, she threw it to the floor in frustration. The whole reason she started surfing was because of Conrad. She found it calming and it helped her, so she went to the beach with intention to surf this morning. Little did she know, she would see Conrad and Belly kiss.

She wanted to yell, scream, cry. Anything, but she couldn't. All she did was stand there, wondering where it all went wrong, why did it change?

Yeah.. that's the end. Dw I swear in the second book i'll make things happy and less angsty.. but anyway I hope you enjoyed, bye !
- author