! 17. Mess !

This is gonna be long..
- Karsyn POV -

I was going down to the beach to do some surfing when I saw two chairs in the distance. I was getting closer because I assumed them to be my mom and Susannah.

"I just want one last perfect summer at Cousins. That's all I want" I heard the one on the left say. It sounded like Susannah so I instantly knew it was them.

What does she mean one last?

"Okay" My mom said. I stood a few feet behind them. They held hands.

- next day -

It's 4th of July. Probably the best occasion in Cousins. Belly, Jere, and I were all at the kitchen. "Can I finish your milk?" Jeremiah asked Belly and she gave him her bowl.

He slurped it loudly to be stopped by Conrad coming into the room, "Yo, i'm gonna go wash the clams did you get the lighter fluid?" He asked Jere

"Yeah it's already on the beach" Jeremiah responded and Conrad whistled as an okay then left. "Are we done with the portrait yet?" Now Steven said as he walked into the kitchen with Susannah.

"Yeah for today.. but you do look good in a dress shirt Steven" Susannah told him. "He looks old" I joked. Steven just rolled his eyes at me

"Which makes me think- Belly you need to hurry up and ask Cam to that Ball, if not then Steven should take her" Susannah said. "Ew- no way" Belly rejected.

"No no no. yeah yeah yeah i'm already going with Shayla" Steven said, "To the debutante ball?" Mom asked as she walked in.

"Yesss" Steven laughed. "As an.. escort?" Mom asked again, not believing it. "Wrap your head around it mom, all right? Shayla's coming today with Nicole and Gigi so you'll meet her" Steven smiled.

Mom raised an eyebrow while smiling a bit, "That's wonderful.. Oh! and don't forget. Ms Covington's first dance rehearsal is tomorrow so uh, tick-tock" Susannah informed Belly.

"I'm asking Cam today" Belly smiled, Jeremiah glancing at her. "I don't know my kids anymore, only my sweet Karsyn" Mom said and gave me a hug with a kiss on the cheek.

I laughed a little and pushed her off a bit, "Wait- Are you wearing make-up?" I looked at mom closer. "Yeah. she's wearing make-up!" Susannah said."

"Oh my- She definitely is!" Steven laughed. "Mom!" "Ohhhh!" Belly and Jere hyped her up. "So what?? We're having a party" She tried to excuse.

"I'm sure it has nothing to do with John coming to the clam bake" Susannah said. "Oh please the husbands always come for the fourth" Mom said.

"He's not your husband anymore" Belly said a bit annoyed. "Oops yeah, ex-husband" Mom fixed her mistake.

"You know I still don't understand why you invited Dad's girlfriend" Steven spoke. I muttered, "Me neither"

"Her name is Victoria and your father wanted us all to meet her!" mom said. "Oh Karsyn, I need you to make up the guest bed" Mom told me

"Wait- They're staying here?" Belly asked, "In the room next to mine?!" Belly complained and mom nodded, making her groan. "What if Victoria doesn't even like us? Huh? What are we gonna do about that now? Huh? She can't stay here if she doesn't like us now huh?" I said in attempt to get my mom to tell them to not stay.

"Karsyn. I'm sure Victoria will like you, obviously if she's a brat she's not welcome in this house" Mom rolled her eyes. "Oh, speaking of dads.. yours called. He's closing a deal so he can't come" Susannah told Jere.