! 18. Lie !

- Karsyn POV -

I stood next to Paige in the ballroom, watching as everyone practiced the dance with their partner. Belly was trying to practice by herself since she hadn't asked Cameron to the deb yet.

Ms.Covington walked in and Paige spoke up, "Please welcome our debutante waltz instructor, Ms. Covington. All the way from Ms. Covington's School of Ballroom Dance in Newton" She smiled.

Everyone clapped, "Thank you, Paige. As you all know, the waltz is the most highly anticipated part of the ball. So, please join your partners now.. come on" Ms. Covington instructed.

I walked up to Belly, "Need a dance partner milady?" I asked and bowed, "Why thank you good sir" She giggled and we got into our places.

"You do need to ask Cam Camron to the deb, you know" We said as we started to dance. "Yeah I know, I'll do it. Paige is gonna have a seizure is you wait too long to ask him" I smiled.

"So is Susannah" We both laughed. "Okay you take a step back.." I started to instruct her the dance.

"Where did you learn this?" Belly asked. "Well uh, Isaiah liked dancing and he had this classical music phase where he also learned the waltz. he wanted someone to do it with but Sarah thought it was dorky so he taught me" I smiled a little, the memory of Isaiah and I doing the waltz in the living room with Sarah complaining.

Belly smiled. "Let's pick up the pace" Ms. Covington said and we did, Belly accidentally stepped on my foot. I let a out a quick, muffled groan, "Shit- Sorry Sin" She said.

"qIt's fine- Let's continue" I smiled through the pain. We got back into position but Jeremiah had walked up to us, "Hey ladies, may I have this dance?" He asked.

"Yeah- Of course actually" I laughed a little and let Jeremiah take her. Jeremiah whistled at Steven and he gave him his jacket. "Yeah ok" I rolled my eyes and walked back over to Paige.

Once they started dancing, it was clear they were just goofing around. I smiled.

"Hey Alexa, play so pretty" Jeremiah said. "So Pretty, by Reyanna Maria. Sure" The device did and the whole song changed.

Jeremiah started to dance and everyone in the room started cheering for him. Ms. Covington was so confused she didn't know what to do. Everyone soon started to dance too, they were all having fun

Paige walked in, "What is going on here?! Alexa stop" She said and the music stopped, everyone stopped dancing too. "Jeremiah Fisher, why aren't you at the pool?" She asked.

"We had a 'code brown'" He said and some people snickered. "Yeah we lost the keys to the chemical closet" He said as innocently as he can. Paige opened her planner and gave him the keys. "There you go" She said and Jere thanked her, "Catch ya later Bells" He smirked at Belly and walked out.

I laughed and started to walk out to use the bathroom, but then I stopped when I saw Conrad. "Good morning Karsyn" He smiled at me. "Uh. Good morning" I faked a smile and kept walking, he waved at someone and I turned my head to see him waving at Nicole.. no, Belly.

I turned back around and kept walking.

-

I got off of work and went to the pool to Jeremiah. I saw him at the snack shack and I sat down next to him. I tapped the table a few times, "Hey Stevie Wonder, would love if you could be a dear and get me a drink" I said and smiled at him.

Steven rolled his eyes, "yeah yeah sure Sin City, what could I get ya?" He asked, "Anything, surprise me" He nodded and went back into the shack.

Jeremiah smiled at me and ate another fry, "Hey Sin, how's it going?" He said. "Certainly shitty so far" I laughed. Steven walked back with a red drink, looks like a slushie.

"Here you go, a shot of tequila inside" He winked and I snickered, "thanks"

"Steven, can we please get 2 slushies?" Gigi asked with another girl I didn't know. "Yeah yeah coming up ladies" He said again before leaving. "Um that was the most fun waltz rehearsal like, in the history of waltz rehearsals" Gigi said to Jeremiah

"You came just in time, your girl Belly's a disaster in heels" The girl said, "Nah.. Belly could be on America's got Talent and would win because of her dancing skills" I said and took a sip of my slushie.

"You know what? Yeah, Belly's actually a good dancer. The waltz is just dumb" Jeremiah agreed with me. Gigi and her friend stopped smiling as Jere turned back around.

"Here you go ladies" Steven came back with the drinks and handed them to the girls. "Perfect" Gigi said before leaving.

Jeremiah rolled his eyes, "What's their deal?" Steven asked. "Well uh Gigi wants a boyfriend and uh, Dara bit me once" Jere said and Steven and I snickered. "Yeah. It's a long story.. a dumb one" Jere said.

"Yk wha isn't dumb? The waltz isn't that dumb" I rolled my eyes, "It is, why do you think I don't wanna go to the deb?" Jeremiah answered.

"Uhh cuz you're scared?" I joked and Jere jokingly made an offended face, "Yeah? I'm not too scared to do this" Jere said and got his face close like he was gonna kiss me.

I scoffed and put my hand in front of his face to stop him, "Ew stop" He pulled back laughing. "Dude stop flirting with my sister" Steven sighed.

"Anyway, guys wanna get out of here?" Jere asked, "I can't" Steven answered

"You're no fun" Jeremiah said, "Not all of us have a trust fund Jere, all right? Some of us need to work"

"Bullshit, if Shayla called you right now your ass would be out the door" Jeremiah said, "Yeah" Steven said with no shame.

"Only for Shayla, what happened to sisters before Shayla?" I asked and Steven looked at me, "That was a thing?"

I took a french fry and threw it at him, he laughed. "Steven, someone must like you because you've been promoted to the card room" Steven's boss or something told him.

"The club has a card room?" Jeremiah asked confused. "Come on" His boss said, "Yeah yeah yeah" Steven said before following him.

Jeremiah picked up his sandwich, "mmm" he said before taking a bite.

I was sitting next to Shayla who was at the pool with Nicole. Billy started running around and Jeremiah was chasing him, blowing into his whistle, "HEY BILLY- stop running!"

Jeremiah stopped in front of us "Watching Jeremiah fight with his child nemesis literally never gets old" Shayla said, making me and Nicole laugh.

"God that kid is demonic, I swear" Jere said, taking a seat next to Nicole. "Where's your brother been? He hasn't been texting me back" Nicole asked.

"Conrad is too much drama, Nicole" Shayla told her. "Honestly, he's just confusing" I said. "Oh my god! Frank Ocean is playing the Yarmouth Music Festival!" Shayla said and Nicole gasped.

"Stop, my dad's firm reps him I could totally get us tickets" Nicole said. "For real?" Shayla asked and Nicole said yes.

"You know uh actually.. Conrad's been wanting to go to Yarmouth" Jeremiah said and I looked up at him. "Does he like Frank Ocean?" Nicole asked.

"Loves him. Yeah yeah he's just been dealing with a lot of stuff with our dad you know" Jeremiah told them. He glanced at me with an almost pleading look.

Conrad does not like Frank Ocean.. "You should take him" He smiled. "Yeah"

"and I could take Steven!" Shayla said excitedly. "Let's be cheesy- and rent a limo!" She said

"Let's! I'l text my dad" Nicole said and grabbed her phone. Jeremiah looked at me, and I glared at him.

"Jere you're an amazing brother" Shayla said and smiled at him, Nicole did too. Jeremiah just smiled.