! 07. Beach !

- Karsyn POV -

"Officers thank you. It won't happen again, I can promise you that much." My mom said. " tell Mr. Fisher that chief wants to set up a tee time, when he gets back in town." The make officer said.

"Absolutely. Sorry again for all the trouble." Mom smiled and opened the doors for them. As soon as she closed the door and turned to look at us, hell almost broke loose.

"how could you guys be so irresponsible." She said. "Mom, it wasn't that bug of a deal all right? Seriously. The cops are just looking to break up the bonfire" Steven said, walking up.

"Not a big deal?" She said, "yes" Steven responded. Belly looked down. "I would say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is a pretty big deal, Steven!" She said.

I looked out the window. Steven inhaled and scoffed, "Were-were you guys smoking tonight?" He asked. "What? Keep your voice down, Susannah's asleep on the couch!" She said.

"Well I wasn't yelling! Well you- you- you we- were!" He stammered. "Just so you know, Laurel. I-I didn't drink tonight. I was the DD I swear" Jeremiah said.

She rolled her eyes and pointed at wasted / sober Conrad, "You're the oldest. What the hell's gotten into you?" She stated. "And when did you leave the house without telling anybody?" She continued, "and what in the world are you wearing?" Looking at Belly.

"It's Taylors.. and why am I the only one who's not allowed to go out- I mean look at Karsyn!" She changed the subject to me. Something she always did and something I always hate.

"it's not that you're not allowed it's just that you should've told us you were going." Mom finished before turning to me, "And you- What you're wearing is worse than Belly! I know well you drank too, how many?" She asked.

I just looked at the ground, "I only took a few swigs.. I didn't even finish a bottle"

She turned back to Belly, "Wait- How'd u even get there?" she asked. I prayed to all relationships of sisters, don't break this one by letting Belly snitch on me.

".....I walked" Belly said.

Oh thank the heavenly gods-

"Jesus.. you know better than to walk that far down the beach alone late at night!" Mom scolded. "Can you stop treating me like a kid?!" Belly said loudly.

"If you want to be treated like an adult, you need to act like one." She said and damn that this hard. "Well maybe you guys should too" Conrad slurred.

Oh fuck.

Everyone turned to look at Conrad. "What does that mean?" She said. Conrad didn't say anything else. "I hope you realize this night could've ended a lot differently if your family wasn't your family." She finished.

"We're sorry, Laur" Jeremiah said. She sighed, "Just, go to bed guys."

We all quickly went into our rooms.

( A/N: I've been writing for like a hot 3 hours straight and it's 4 am rn.. I kept making spelling mistakes and getting distracted but now i'm gonna sleep!! Goodnight ;)

I walked out the room, waiting for Conrad to come but it seems that my mom stopped him. "I don't understand what is going on with you" She said.

I stopped and listened. "...Nothing. Nothing's going on" He said before walking away.

I went up to his room and sat on his bed, waiting for him. He went in and closed the door behind him, then saw me.

"Jesus- Karsyn what are you doing.." He said in a low voice. "Why are you acting so different? Not just to Belly or my mom but just in general." I told him.

He scoffed, "I'm not acting different-"

"Yes you are. Something's wrong Connie.. I know you might not be able to tell my mom but you can always tell me"

He looked me for a moment, silence erupting. I sighed and got up.

I stood in front of him and took his hand. "You have to promise that when you're ready, you'll tell me anything." I said and stuck out my pinky finger, waiting for him to do the same to make this promise.

"Are you serious?" He asked and I just nodded. He looked at my hand and hesitated but put his pinkie out too and promised. "I promise... now get out of my room, dork" He said

I smiled, "Thank you connie" then slipped back into my room. I changed then pulled out my phone to text Sarah.

Silly Sarah

You awake?

Nope

Wow I can't believe you would go to sleep this early

Shut up

Anyways, is saiah asleep too?

No he's running around like crazy

What- where are you guys?

An antique store in town

This late?

Yep, come on down it's probably like a 5 minute walk

I put on a sweater and climbed out my window. It's easy to get down from my room. I made sure the coast was clear and started my way

- Conrad POV -

I was laying down on my bed with a massive headache but a person on my mind... Belly. I kept thinking about her, even when i'm drunk.

The fact that I was so wasted... I thought Karsyn was Belly and fuck if that officer didn't come I would have confessed my feelings. I looked out the window to see that it was the early dawn and I couldn't sleep.

I got up and decided to go down to the beach.

I was sitting there, enjoying the sounds of the waves until I heard someone speak from behind me, "Hi" They said.

I looked behind me to see Belly... She sat down next to me and smiled, "Last night was"

"Amazing"

"A shit show" we said at the same time. "You know you're gonna have a black eye tomorrow, right?" I said.

She just kept smiling, "it's already tomorrow" I looked at her then looked away. "Hey, do you.. do you remember anything that happened last night? I mean, you were pretty wasted" Belly spoke.

"I always remember everything when I drink" I confessed. She nodded and smiled again.

We both looked away, and I decided to pull a cig that was tucked behind my ear. "Let me have a puff!" She asked as I tried to light it.

"No" I shook my head. She kept insisting and I just kept disagreeing, having trouble lighting it. "No! Laurel will actually kill me" I told her

"Okay fine! When if I can't smoke then you can't smoke" She giggled. I slowly smiled and took it out my mouth, "Same old Belly"

I tucked it back behind my ear and we both just sat there in silence.

I wished we could have had more good and calm times like this.

"hey, let's go pick up some of the good muffins before everyone else gets up" I offered. She got up, "Um, I actually have somewhere that I need to be" and started to jog away.

"Wait! Where are you going?" I asked in confusion. "To see about a whale!" She yelled back. "What does that mean?!"

she just kept running. Belly... don't get too comfy with that guy.