! 11. Birthday !

- Karsyn POV -

I was in the kitchen eating some chips when Belly walked in. "Hey Bells, again i'm sorry about them crashing it" I said.

"Yeah no, they're annoying for that." She scowled. "How was your hot date?" Conrad asked, coming into the kitchen. Belly turned around, "Excuse me?" she said angrily.

"Okay relax. We were just having a little fun" Conrad tried to reason. "You guys are assholes." She said.

I took my chips and slowly tried to leave the kitchen. "Belly, come on" He said.

"All I wanted was to go to a drive-in with a guy that I think is-is cute and sweet and... and you guys just had to come a ruin it" She said.

"And us showing up for like, two minutes ruined that? Really? Grow up Belly." Conrad said, annoyed and then he turned around.

"Why couldn't you let me have this one thing? Huh? Admit it. You knew what you were doing." She said as Conrad stopped to turn around again.

I carefully left the kitchen but I could still hear them talking. "What? What was I doing?" Conrad said. "Reminding me that you existed."

"I don't know what you're talking about.." He lied.

"You cared where I was. Who I was with" She told him.

"No, I didn't. I don't care" He kept lying.

"Stop lying!" She said.

"Stop being such a baby!" He yelled. "Oh and you're such an adult?! You spent your Saturday night crashing my first date for fun." She fought back

"Fine. Fine, forget it" She said.

That was when I finally couldn't hear them anymore.

What a liar. Conrad just doesn't want to admit he's in love with her.

- The Next Morning -

We were all downstairs. I was helping my mom prepare Belly's mickey mouse pancakes while everyone else was decorating the kitchen.

"Morning everyone" Belly said as she walked in the kitchen. "Hey!!" "Happy birthday!" Everyone said. "There's the birthday girl! Looking like a vision in floral. Happy birthday" Susannah said and hugged Belly.

"Happy sweet 16, Bells" Jeremiah said and also hugged Belly. "Now Belly Button's getting old finally, happy birthday!" Steven said.

"Happy 16 Bell Pepper!" I said and gave her a tight hug. "Happy birthday sweetheart " My mom said and also hugged her.

"Thank you everyone" Belly smiled. "Your mickey mouse pancakes are ready" Mom said excitedly. "Actually, I'm not really uh, hungry" Belly said.

"Oh" Mom spoke. "Shall we open gifts?" Susannah suggested, "Oh, you're gonna love mine" Jeremiah smiled.

Belly looked at Conrad who hasn't said a word.

Belly started with moms' present that was a book. "If's a first edition, I got it from a rare book dealer" Mom spoke up. "Thanks mom.." Belly said, not really that excited.

"Turn to the bookmark page" Mom smiled and Belly did so. "Oh yeah! I remember Susannah teaching us to recite this" Belly laughed.

"For whatever we lose.." She started and slowly everyone else started to recite the poem.

"Okay, open mine now Belly" Susannah said, handing her the present. It was a beautiful pearl necklace. "Oh wow.. they're gorgeous, thank you Susannah" Belly saidz

"My mom gave me these pearls for my sweet 16" Susannah said and put the necklace on Belly. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Conrad pull something out of his pocket before shoving it back in.

"Oh! I'm next" Jeremiah said and quickly gave Belly her present. She opened it and it was a charm. "It's a good luck charm to help you pass your driving test" Jere said.

Belly put it onto her braclet. "Perfect! Thank you" She smiled. "Think fast Belly" Steven said and tossed his present to her.

Steven laughed. Belly opened it, "Wow Steven, I can't believe you actually spent money on me!" Belly said and put the princeton shirt up to her chest.

"Relax, I just didn't want you stealing mine next year when I get in" Steven said. "I didn't know you were still considering princeton.." mom said. She didn't really want Steven to be so far when he's in college, so she was never really a big fan of Princeton.

"You know, I-I think i'm gonna apply for some scholarships and Dad thinks I can get some financial aid" He said. "Anyway, my turn!" I interrupted and passed my present to her.

She opened it and smiled. "Thank you, Karsyn" She said. I got her a necklace that was had her birthstone on it. ( I don't actually know what Belly's birthstone is.. )

I got up and helped her put it on like Susannah. Belly hugged me and I went back to my seat.

"Conrad uh, do you want to give Belly your present?" Susannah asked. Conrad looked at Belly who was smiling. "Sorry I... I forgot." He said.

Liar.

Belly's smile faltered, "Uh that's, that's cool. Um, I wasn't really expecting anything anyway so" She faked a smile. "Oh so, I got to go. Um, I promised Cleveland that i'd show him some knots today so.." Conrad said and walked out. "Happy birthday Belly.." He muttered.

Jeremiah noticed that the atmosphere was thick, "Hey! Why don't we take my car and practice driving before we have to pick up Taylor from the bus station" He smiled.

"Let me come!" I yelled and ran outside to the car. "Hey- Karsyn!" Jeremiah yelled, running after me.

I can't believe this shit got over 100 views already 😭 Also i'm very sorry for many spelling mistakes in other chapters, I don't reread after I finish them but I will be sure to try and fix them <3
- Author