! 08. Deb talk !

- Karysn POV -

I woke up after a 5 minute slumber.. I had stayed out with Isaiah and Sarah until the crack of dawn which I don't really regret.

I groaned and went downstairs. "She needs to see you in the flesh in order to capture your essence while you're still young and full of hope" I heard my mom say.

I walked in a grabbed an apple, "Essence? For what" I asked. "Oh, morning sweetie" She said, still distracted by her computer. "Mornin sin" Steven said.

"Hey, goodmorning Sin.. my mom wants to paint us" Jeremiah said as he put in more things in the blender. "Oh" I said.

"Well, Conrad does not have hope, actually.. he's hopeless, but my hangover smoothie, it cures all!" Jere spoke again.

"Can you please just hurry up?" I heard Conrad complain from the living room couch. Ouch, must be a huge headache.

"Just go back to bed alright?" Jeremiah told. Steven went closer to look at what he was doing but Jere turned around and pushed him away, "Okay Steven seriously- Get out. This is a delicate science and your heaving breathing is gonna break the yolk" He scolded.

"Okay okay" Steven said, finally walking away. " She hasn't painted you since you're a little. I think it be nice for when you're older"

"Old? No. When i'm older, i'm sure there'll be like.. like holograms or something I can watch of myself ya know?" Steven said.

I rolled my eyes, "When your older your pea sized brain would probably kill you"

"Shut up Karsyn!" Steven yelled, "Ok- Calm down" My mom said.

"and just sit for your portraits! I don't see Conrad complaining" She finished. "He'll complain when he's conscious" Jere said as he walked over to Conrad and handed him his hangover smoothie.

"Come on man, hurry your ass up alright? I can't be late for the first day of work" Steven complained. "Wait.. you have work today?" I asked, half asleep.

"Yeah.. oh I forgot you were working too. what are you even doing there?" He asked me. I drank some milk, "Working as a helper for the debutantes there, yk like help them learn the dance or something" I said.

"Wooh alrighty.. those old country club boomers are gonna tip me so hard man, they won't know what hit em!" Steven said, making sure to thrust his hip forward.

I gagged, "Ew, disgusting much Steven?"

"Steven.. I swear" Mom said in disappointment. "What?" He laughed. "Come on, Laurel! My boy's gotta get that bread" Jere said.

"Thank youu" Stevie said as Belly walked in. "Good morning" Jere said. "Belly where have you been?" Mom asked. "Is that a bruise?!" She noticed as Belly walked past her.

"Um.. I-I bumped into someone" Belly lied. "You bumped into someone?" Mom repeated while looking at the bruise.

Belly made eye contact with Conrad, "Doesn't look that bad" he said. I slammed the fridge closed loudly, startling everyone.

"Cereal?" I asked Belly. "Yeah, hit me" she said. I started to make her and me a bowl of cereal.

"Oh my god!" Susannah said loudly as she walked into the kitchen. "Belly, is going to be a debutant!" She exclaimed and laughed with Belly.

"It's really not that big of a deal" She smiled and Susannah hugged her. "I'm sorry like.. Belly? Like, my sister? Like- that thing right there?" Steven said.

"Shut up, cretin." Belly said. "Ok, this is gonna be so much fun. Just you wait. There is uh.. there's the tea, the auction, the ball of course, the rehearsal. I gotta write this down" Susannah said and suddenly gasped, "We need to go shopping!"

Belly laughed and took her cereal to the other table. "This sounds... expensive" Mom said. "Oh! Don't worry, Laur it's on me. It was my idea after all, to style you for your book party.. so" Susannah smiled

"Belly.. are you sure you want to do this? It doesn't seem very.. you" Mom turned to Belly. "It's not" Conrad said.

"Well it could be" I snapped back, looking down and playing with my cereal. "Well it shouldn't. Belly doesn't need to change"

"Oh what, so now you're trying to control the way she is?" I said a little loudly, now looking at him. "I'm not trying to control the way she is"

"It sure does seem like it, Conrad." I deadpanned. "Fuck off. Why are you such a brat!"

"Why are you being such a bitch?!" I yelled. He scoffed and stood up, "I'm not a bitch"

"Then stop trying to say that Belly shouldn't do the debutant because you're not even the one who's gonna do it. Plus you're not even attending it, Belly is! Stop trying to act like she's a little puppy that obeys every single thing you tell her to do because she's her own person. She can do whatever she wants to do like going to the fucking debutant. No one wants you to be on her ass about it!" I snapped.

"Oh my god.. Why are you being so fucking moody? Stop trying to accuse me of this shit." He yelled back. "Conrad, Karsyn!" My mom yelled. "What?! He's the one who won't leave Belly alone about being a debutante!" I said.

"Just drop this topic" Mom said. I just scoffed and slumped back on my chair. "Conrad, you could be a little more supportive" Susannah said and Conrad just looked away.

"Now! Which one of you is gonna be Belly's escort to the ball?" She said. "Not me, I went last year" Conrad said.

"Yeah, and I swore off balls" Jere said. Steven snickered, "The dances, dude" He said. "Wow guys, stop fighting over me" Belly said sarcastically. "I'm not going with either of you, I am going to find my own date" she finished.

"Wikipedia says debutante balls require instruction in morals and social etiquette" Mom said. "I'm gonna go surf." I said and walked out.