! 09. Deb tea !

- Karysn POV -

I had finished surfing and was sitting on a towel, watching the waves. I sighed, not knowing why I snapped like that. I checked the time and immediately shot up. "Shit- I can't be late for work" I picked my board and ran back to the house.

I quickly changed into more appropriate work clothes and made Isaiah drive me to the club. I didn't know where to go so I went to the pool in hopes of Jeremiah being there to help me find where I need to be.

I looked around and saw Jere and Steven talking by the pool. I walked up to them and pretended to push Steven in the pool but quickly pulled him back. He screamed like a girl and I laughed, "KARSYN. DOn't do that shit!" He yelled.

"Hey Sin, u working?" Jere laughed. I nodded, "Yup, just can't seem to find where i'm supposed to be" I said.

"Yo Steven, we need extra hands at the deb tea. Pays double, come on" Steven's worker said and walked away quickly. "Oh shit alright, Come on lets go sin" Steven said.

"Oh- alright then. Bye Jere-bear" I winked and walked away with Steven. "Bye car seat" He said back and I just flipped him off as he laughed.

- few minutes later -

I was helping setting up tea and cookies when Belly walked in with Jeremiah. All the girls looked at her. Paige looked at him, "Jeremiah"

"Paige" he smiled. "Where's your shirt?" She asked. "It's always a pleasure" he kissed her hand. "This is Belly- Isabel Conklin. The uh, young woman my mom told you about, my future wife" he joked, earning a hit on the shoulder by Bells.

"She's late" Paige said. "I-i'm so sorry." Belly said, "you're at table two" Paige told her and Belly nodded.

"Are those those little Brie and fig jam sandwiches with the prosciutto?" Jeremiah asked. "Don't you dare" Paige said and walked away. "Those are for the girls Jeremiah" I said and walked past them.

Jere grabbed one quickly, "Just one!" He said. "Knock 'em dead" He winked at Belly before leaving. I smiled at Belly, "Let me escort you to your table, fair lady." I said and offered my arm so she could take it.

She laughed and held it, "Why thank you, good sir"

I led her to the table and whispered in her ears, "The girls are pretty chill, though some can be bitches"

She giggled and let go of my arm, "I'll be sure to watch myself, sir sin!" I bowed, "It would be a pleasure, lady bell!" I laughed and went back to work.

- few hours later -

I finally got off work and got home just in time to help Isaiah and Sarah pack to leave. "I'll miss you guys" I told them.

Sarah rolled her eyes, "Girl please, you've only been hanging out with Isaiah and never me"

"Well that's because you were out half the time probably getting dick!" I said and she threw a shirt at me. "Not even"

They finished packing and we went downstairs to leave. I quickly went to the backyard to see that Susannah was painting Conrad somewhere down the dock. "Hey! Isaiah and Sarah are leaving now!" I yelled to her.

"Okay!! Tell them they could always come back!" She yelled bye. I lifted a thumbs up and went back to the car, saying goodbye to them as they pulled out and drove away.

- little bit later -

There was only about 2 hours until my moms' book party so I decided to get in a quick swim. I went to the backyard to see Conrad smoking with his feet dipped in the pool.

Just like that time with Belly..

I just ignored him and got into the pool, diving down. Once I resurfaced, we made eye contact with eachother.

"....sorry about overreacting" I muttered. He took another puff before chuckling, "Sorry about saying you're a brat"

I smiled a bit, "So now you're smoking?" I said. He just shrugged, "Helps me calm my nerves"

I swam up to him and got out the pool, sitting next to him. He offered giving me a puff, "Nah, it makes my through itch" I said.

"Wait, you've tried before?" He asked in confusion. "Yeah, my friends do it" I told. He hummed and blew out some smoke. "It's good you don't do it though, keep it like that"

"Mhm.. how've you been holding up?" I asked. "Ok? I don't know"

"It just.. it's seems like you're mood has swung one way and then the other in a span of a second. You really have changed Connie.." I sighed.

"People change, Karsyn" He told me and got up, "Come, go get ready for Laurel's book party." He said and walked back into the house.

I sighed and made sure to dry myself before going inside to get changed.

Is everyone enjoying it so far? I just published it and I hope that many people read it <3
- author