¹²' ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵉᵃʳᶜʰ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᴴᵉᵈᵍᵉʰᵒᵍˢ.

"But more often than not, the best rescue plan we can offer someone we care about is our support for each step they take forward

"But more often than not, the best rescue plan we can offer someone we care about is our support for each step they take forward."

»»--⍟--««
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 1𝟸

ʀᴏʙᴏᴛɴɪᴋ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ 🥽🔬

I was outside a fellow yokel's house, looking for more clues for the mysterious two beings. After I took a step further, I detected a two footprints' nearby. I kneel down, taking a closer examination. Soon after, I promptly scan it with my glove, lifting a pure immoral smile on my face knowing how close I am to solve this puzzle.

"Looks like I, Detective Robotnik, might've solved this case already." I snort to myself.

☆ ³ʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ☆
3️⃣🗣

Tom ascended the stairs, guiding Sonic and (Y/N) to the attic. While (Y/N) appeared responsible and composed, Sonic wore a mischievous grin from ear to ear, leaving Tom uncertain about what antics he might have in store.

"All right, you guys stay here. And be quiet!" Tom notified the two.

"Good plan, great plan! We're already working so well together! Practically finishing each other's sentences!" Sonic chatters frantically, (Y/N) holding his waist to retrieve him away from Tom. Sonic blushes from this, brushing off his itchy muzzle as (Y/N) doesn't notice.

Tom smirks at Sonic's awkwardness, understanding the situation between them two, but he cringely turns away from Sonic being endlessly talkative.

"Okay, bye," Sonic says, lifting a quick wave as Tom shuts the flap closed behind them. As soon as they were alone, Sonic felt (Y/N) still holding onto his waist. He slowly turns his head to see her leaning on his shoulder.

"Uh, can you... let go?" Sonic asks, bashfully.

(Y/N) releases her grip, beaming nervously. She quickly averts her gaze, pretending to explore the attic with a reddened face. "Sorry!" she yelps, her back facing Sonic.

"It's okay!" Sonic responds, also turning away to give her some space.

As soon as Tom left the attic, he ventured into the front yard where he unexpectedly encountered a crouched man browsing the ground. 

"Hello there!" Tom calls out to the man, attempting to draw his attention. The man, dressed in black and looking troubled, looks up at Tom.

"Can I help you?" Tom asks, tilting his head at the peculiar sight before him. The man starts to walk towards Tom, taking a few moments before finally speaking.

"Good morning, my rural chum," the man greets, prompting Tom to furrow his eyebrows with uncertainty.

"I'm..." The man pauses briefly, still advancing towards Tom.

"...from the power company, investigating the blackout," the man conjures up, his steps leading him towards the front door.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to take a few readings, inside your house?" He requests, applying for approval.

"No kidding? You're from the power company?" Tom asks, almost changing the subject."Mmm," the man hums in response.

"Oh, you must know my buddy, Spencer. We play softball together," Tom continues, attempting to make conversation.

"Ah! Spence. He's a good man," the man claims and buzzes,  his wide eyes demonstrating that he clearly has no idea who Spencer is.

"Yeah. Come on in!" Tom gestures, opening the door wide.

"Great," the man responds eagerly, hastily climbing the stairs. "Take all the readings you need,"

 Tom implies, but then he quickly heads for the door and blocks it with his elbow, halting the man's entry.