²¹. ᶜᵃʳ ᶜʳᵃˢʰ

»»--⍟--««𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 2𝟷

»»--⍟--««
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 2𝟷

"A sacrifice for your friend's life. Maybe once or twice."

As we accompany Tom, (Y/N), and Sonic on their journey, they find themselves welcomed to a quaint roadside diner nestled along the winding country roads.As they settle into their car seats, Tom, (Y/N), and Sonic exchange excited glances, eager to fuel up before continuing their adventure. They were welcomed to a sign stating,

'𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝐶𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑎'.

Next to their booth, they notice another sign, accompanied and positioned beneath one that reads

'𝗦𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗸𝘆𝗼𝘂 🇨 🇴 🇺 🇳 🇹 🇾  🇱 🇮 🇳 🇪 '. This new sign, casted a warm hue over the surrounding area.
Curious, they exchange intrigued glances, wondering what awaits them within the confines of this mysterious establishment.

"So, what's on your bucket list?" Sonic begins, directing the question towards Tom

"Who, me?" Tom becomes aware of the inquiry, thinking it was aimed at (Y/N) instead.

"Yeah. Everyone has a bucket list, right?" Sonic infers, his tone laced with curiosity.

"Sure, but... I mean, you guys are the ones who are living on Earth and... I'm not planning on kicking the bucket anytime soon," Tom reasons with a chuckle.

"Don't be so sure! Your best friend is a magnet for danger." Sonic implies, his bravado shining through.

"Are you anointing yourself as the bestie?" Tom asks, surprised by Sonic's bold statement.

"Mm-hmm."

"A little presumptuous, but... I mean... what, no... I like you, of course, but, you know, we're not best friends," Tom stammers, his words tumbling out in an attempt to backtrack after seeing Sonic's face drop miserably at his initial response. Feeling a pang of guilt for inadvertently hurting Sonic's feelings, (Y/N) scrambles to reassure him, reaching out a hand, placing it gently on Sonic's arm in a gesture of comfort, hoping to convey his sincerity and friendship despite Tom's clumsy words.

"You tucked me in last night," Sonic spouted coldly, his tone tinged with playful indignation, eliciting chuckles from both (Y/N) and Tom at his expense.

"Fine, fine, fine. Best animal friend!" Sonic preened, attempting to salvage his wounded pride.

"That would be my dog, Ozzy," Tom affirmed with a grin, enjoying the lighthearted banter.

"Okay... Let's drop this increasingly humiliating topic of conversation (Y/N) might sob about later." Sonic declared, his attempt at deflection met with a fiery glare from (Y/N) before she could even respond, causing Tom to erupt into laughter at the comedic exchange.

"Bucket list. Give it to me!" Sonic urgently ordered, his voice adopting a deep, humorous tone.

"Okay, there is one thing," Tom revealed, capturing the attention of both Sonic and (Y/N), who listened with eager anticipation. "In Green Hills, I've always felt, I don't know, more like a babysitter than a real cop, you know?" Tom joked, a mischievous twinkle in his eye as he awaited their reaction.

"So I want a chance to prove myself, under real pressure. I'm gonna move to San Francisco, become a street cop. And, I don't know, see if I have what it takes," Tom concluded, his voice tinged with determination.
As Tom finished speaking, he observed Sonic's shocked expression, his jaw hanging wide open, while (Y/N) animatedly dropped her jaw in surprise.

"What? Why-- why are your faces doing that?" Tom asked, his own expression contorting into one of confusion and slight nausea.

"You're leaving Green Hills?" Sonic emphasized, his voice tinged with desperation, a sentiment echoed by (Y/N) as she joined in with a worried expression.

"Okay." Tom responded calmly, turning his head to gaze out the window, his voice carrying a hint of resignation as he knew Sonic would react like this.

"B-B-But why? Why would you leave Green Hills?" Sonic stuttered, panic evident in his voice.

"This may be hard for you to understand, but Green Hills is a small town. It's a very small town," Tom explained patiently.

"Uh, it's not small. There are hundreds of people," Sonic countered defensively.

"That's a small town, dude!" Tom attacked with ridicule in his tone.

"Uh! Can you believe it (Y/N)?" Sonic turned to (Y/N), trying to draw her into the argument.

"Mm," she purred, her crossed arms signaling her reluctance to engage further.

"Why aren't you talking anyway?" Sonic nagged.

"Because I already believed that he's going to leave," (Y/N) sighed, her words carrying a sense of resignation.

"What do you mean?" Sonic reproaches again, his voice tinged with frustration and disbelief.

"Because... He already told me. Last night," (Y/N) states, recalling the conversation she had with Tom before she went to sleep.

......]((o_ _)'彡☆

As (Y/N) states, recalling the conversation she had with Tom before she went to sleep, her mind drifts back to the previous night. She sits alone in her room, the faint glow of the bedside lamp casting shadows across the walls. The weight of Tom's impending departure hangs heavily in the air, and she knows she can't ignore it any longer.With a heavy sigh, (Y/N) rises from her bed and makes her way to Tom inside the restroom of the hotel. She hesitates for a moment outside his door, her hand hovering over the handle, before finally gathering the courage to push it open.Inside, Tom stood tall near the sink, washing his face from his previous injury. He looks up as (Y/N) enters, a faint smile playing at the corners of his lips.

"(Y/N), hey. What's up?" Tom greets her, his voice warm and welcoming.

(Y/N) takes a deep breath, steeling herself for the conversation ahead. "Tom, we need to talk." she says softly, her tone serious. Tom sets aside his paperwork, concern flickering in his eyes.

"Of course, what's on your mind?"

"It's about what you said earlier when you were talking to Maddie on that, rectangular device you had near your ear about leaving Green Hills." (Y/N) begins, her voice trembling slightly. Her eyes were already drained and soaked from the endless sobs she had experienced.