²⁰. ˡⁱᵉ ᵈᵉᵗᵉᶜᵗᵒʳ ᵒʳ ˢˡʸ ᵖʳᵒᵗᵉˢᵗᵒʳ?

"He never told the truth, so he threw him of the roof

"He never told the truth, so he threw him of the roof."
»»--⍟--««
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 20

Earlier, after the bar incident, Robotnik and his entourage of agents swiftly depart, their sleek black truck pulling away from the curb with purpose. As they navigate through the city streets, the vehicle seamlessly blends into the flow of traffic, its dark exterior a stark contrast against the vibrant urban backdrop. Eventually, they arrive at their destination, a nondescript alley tucked away from the bustling main streets. The same black truck comes to a halt beside a slim stand adorned with a circular sign, its simple design a stark juxtaposition to the high-tech gadgets and surveillance equipment within the vehicle.The circular sign bears an emblem, stating:

     '𝐽𝐹'𝑠
    𝗚𝗔𝗦
   ᴅɪᴇsᴇʟ'.

Inside the dimly lit bar, the ambient chatter of patrons mingled with the sound of shattered glass being replaced. Two men worked diligently to install a fresh pane of glass, replacing the remnants of the broken window. It was evident that the damage had been caused by none other than the notorious troublemaker, Sonic.

"Did he say where he was going?" Stone interrogated nonchalantly. His gaze bore into the man standing before him, the one adorned with a neck supporter, as he presented a photograph of Tom. The man accepted the photo with an air of disinterest, his features obscured by the uncomfortable neck support. Despite the pressure against his face, his expression remained inscrutable, making it difficult to discern his true emotions amidst the discomfort.

"Maybe. Maybe not," the man retorted, his response leaving Stone feeling unsettled. "Like I'd ever tell you," he added gruffly, shoving the photograph back towards Stone's chest with a dismissive gesture. Dr. Robotnik intervened, his hand firmly grasping Stone's shoulder as he pushed him aside.

 "Stand down, Agent Stone," he commanded, his voice carrying an authoritative tone.
Drawing closer to the two men, Robotnik towered over them, his presence commanding attention.

"This well-meaning citizen obviously doesn't understand the urgency of the matter," he remarked, his gaze piercing as he addressed the uncooperative individual. The man bristled at Robotnik's implication, his expression twisted with defiance.

"Really?" he snarled, prompting a subtle shift in Robotnik's features as he responded to the man's challenge.

*𝙎𝙃𝘼𝙏𝙏𝙀𝙍*

And there goes the man who gets thrown of the window, which had just been replaced, again.

Dr. Robotnik soon stormed away, his trusty assistant trailing closely behind him, their departure marking the end of the tense interrogation.

"Now that's what I call good cop, bad cop." Robotnik remarked to himself, a self-satisfied smirk playing on his lips as he sashayed towards the exit. He extended his hand towards Stone in a mock gesture of camaraderie, but with surprising swiftness, Robotnik redirected his hand, delivering a sharp jab to Stone's chest.

"Left yourself open," Robotnik quipped, his tone laced with a hint of amusement as Stone recoiled, momentarily caught off guard by the unexpected blow. As Robotnik strode away, Stone took a moment to catch his breath, his hand instinctively rising to massage the spot where he had been struck. With a final exhale, Stone composed himself, retreating from the scene with a semblance of normalcy, albeit under the curious gaze of the men who had been repairing the broken glass.

Robotnik returned to his van, the interior resembling a high-tech lair filled with an array of technical equipment.

"Judging by the quickest route to San Francisco, the approximate speed of their vehicle, and local weather conditions... They should be... Right about... Here." Robotnik muttered to himself as he analyzed the data on his screens, pinpointing the location of Wachowski's vehicle and the two hedgehogs accompanying him.

"That's brilliant, sir," Stone remarked, acknowledging Robotnik's deduction.

"Thanks... (For nothing)." Robotnik muttered under his breath, his voice laced with sarcasm as he privately expressed his frustration with Stone's lackluster contribution.

-

★ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20 ★

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ❛ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ
❥ Here we are. Back at it again with crazy short chapters. Honestly, I can't believe how far we got. 20 chapters? That's a lot. And the crazy thing is that I'm going to be doing almost more than 30. That, is indeed sick. And it's going to be much faster uploading chapters now that I got a font keyboard.
㋛︎
ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ ᴘᴜᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ɢᴏᴏɢʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴄᴏᴘʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀsᴛᴇ ғᴏɴᴛ ᴡᴇʙsɪᴛᴇ.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
No nap, on to the next chap!

ᴡᴏʀᴅᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ

644 words.

➤ ᴡᴏʀᴅ ❥ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ644 words