¹³. ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳᵉˢᵗⁱᵐᵃᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵒʷᵉʳ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ⁿᵒᵗ⁻ˢᵒ⁻ᵐᵘᶜʰ ᶜᵒʷᵃʳᵈ

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

»»--⍟--««
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 13

☆ ³ʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ☆
3️⃣🗣

In the middle of the attic lay a beautiful set of sport balls—rugby balls, golf balls, tennis balls, footballs, volleyballs, basketballs... And what's this? A spiky blue ball? And a spiky (F/C) ball? Wait, nevermind. It's just Sonic and (Y/N), blending in among the sports equipment with their distinct appearances.

"Sonic, are you sure this is a good plan?" (Y/N) asked, her concern evident in her voice.

"Yeah, yeah! Remember, we are just pretending to fit in the set of balls laid out here. I mean, who has this much? Sporty type much-" Sonic continues talking, (Y/N) raising her eyebrow in confusion and slight worry, still in her spiky form.

"Anyway, okay, we're a ball, a normal ball. We're blending in like a normal ball. Shh. Stop talking. No, you stop talking. Be quiet, Sonic. You be quiet, Sonic!" Sonic babbles on nervously.

"Oh, I hope they aren't scanning us with x-rays. I had kind of an embarrassing lunch." Sonic confesses, blinking his eyes to the left to avert (Y/N)'s gaze.

(Y/N) gasps cutely in shock. "You ate junk food from the trash can again?" She questioned, exasperated.

"I'm sorry! The hot dogs we got from the baseball game still weren't enough to hit the spot!" He grievously admits, exposing the truth.

As their chit-chat closes, another drone pops out from the window to join the original drone. Soon enough, the two drones are both moving in opposite directions, scanning the attic leisurely. But that poses a problem for the two hedgehogs.

Luckily, (Y/N) keeps her cool, but Sonic on the other hand...

"Don't freak out.Don't freak out.Don't freak out."

Sonic moves his eyes nervously from left to right, becoming superstitious.

"Sonic...?" (Y/N) calls his attention, fearing for him and his panic-stricken self.

The red lasers drastically move closer to each other, inching towards the hedgehogs. Sonic loses control of himself and potentially blows their cover.

"I'M FREAKING OUT!" He shouts, zooming past (Y/N) and the drones, knocking over the set of balls in the process.

"SONIC, WAIT!" (Y/N) yells, chasing Sonic down the stairs into a furry ball just like him. In other situations, they happen to overhear Robotnik, as he weirdly asks Tom,
"Why don't you have your staircase carpeted?"

 As Sonic rushes down the stairs into the kitchen, he happens to bump into a wall, interrupting Robotnik.

"Compared to what I-" *BANG*

Tom looks back at Robotnik, thinking of an excuse.

"Old pipes," he mentions.

"Yeah. Probably just the house settling. Nothing to see here!" Robotnik starts to turn away from Tom but suddenly pushes him away as he, without consent, barges into his house.

"Hey!" Tom trails Robotnik, as he stops in the kitchen to see a very weird raccoon munching on a white frosted cake that Maddie had bought excitedly for Tom. Tom flashes his eyebrows at the raccoon, whilst Robotnik disgustedly frowns.

"Here's the thing: I'm never wrong," he adds, trying his best to seem worthy as a competitor.

"Well, first time for everything, I guess," Tom replies faintly as the raccoon slides away to the doggy door in the backyard.

"Would you like some cake? I hear raccoons have the cleanest mouths of any animal that routinely eats garbage," Tom offers, also stating facts. Robotnik never says anything but smiles fakely before taking off disappointedly. Well, that was, until he glances at a very unusual object that was on the table. He smiles smugly as he was keen enough to pick up the two quills'. He rotates to Tom, drawing out his arm straight to show two dazzling quills on his single finger.

"Look at that. I was right," Robotnik proudly states.

"Note the lack of surprise. Should we try this again?" He aggressively states after displaying a satisfied face. Punctually, Dr. Robotnik whistles, calling his drone. Sonic and (Y/N) watch underneath the table in fret seeing the drone ominously approach Tom's face. Robotnik thrillingly looks at Tom's concern for his life.

"I'm going to give you 5 seconds to tell me where it is." Robotnik demands, pinching the two quills' ends with one index finger and thumb.