¹⁶. ˢⁿᵉᵃᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃʷᵃʸ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵖᵉᵃᵏⁱⁿᵍ

"Secrecy is the element of all goodness; even virtue, even beauty is mysterious

"Secrecy is the element of all goodness; even virtue, even beauty is mysterious."

»»--⍟--««
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷6

Tom stood there, the telephone pressed against his ear, the coiled cord stretching out to its limit. Stress etched lines onto his face as he waited anxiously, each passing second feeling like an eternity. The anticipation gnawed at him, the wait dragging on longer than he had anticipated.

"Hello. Green hills police department." A voice, filled with anxiety, finally spoke on the other end of the line.

"Wade, it's me." Tom confidently snapped.

"Hi. I'm so glad that you called." Wade replied out of comfort,

"Uh, so some guys came in asking some questions. Uh, they're a little creepy. Kind of reminded me of the guys from Men in Black, but not as likeable or charming as Will Smith."

Wade informed Tom, prompting him to quickly identify the individual with whom Wade was being held captive on the other end of the phone call."Wait, what kind of questions?" Tom exhorted.

"Um, questions about, terrorism."Wade hesitantly answered, whispering the word "terrorism" so that the people surrounding him would not hear. This only heightened his fear of saying anything else that could potentially offend his captors.

"I told them I've gone ice fishing with Tom. He doesn't know how to make a bomb.
He can't even make bait in the cold."

Wade responded, prompting Tom to pinch his forehead in frustration at Wade's apparent lack of competence in handling the situation.

"All right, Wade. Listen to me. This is really important. Don't tell them that we talked, okay?" Tom ordered immediately, his tone firm and urgent, leaving no room for argument or delay.

"You know, I think they already know." Wade looks at the uninvited guests, his expression shifting to one of alarm.

Wade sits in silence as the professionally suited agents fixate their stares on him, while Dr. Robotnik and Agent Stone also glare at him, their expressions filled with suspicion and intensity.

Dr. Robotnik's movements were swift and aggressive as he instantly lunged forward, his hand snatching the telephone out of Wade's hands with a forceful jerk, leaving Wade startled and bewildered by the suddenness of the action.

"Mr. Wachowski." He remarks unpleasantly.

"Urgh, Tom." Tom's frustration boiled over, his voice tinged with annoyance as he growled out his name, emphasizing each syllable to ensure that his nemesis understood it correctly this time.Dr. Robotnik takes a moment to collect himself, inhaling deeply before he speaks.

"I want you to know that the only other person who ever punched me in the face was the school bully. He hit me in the cafeteria, causing a blunt-force contusion to the soft tissue surrounding my orbital bone. Humiliated me in front of the entire school! And do you know what I did?" Dr. Robotnik finishes with a probing question, his voice carrying a weight of unresolved childhood traumas and experiences, making the atmosphere uncomfortably heavy.