01

"Hey love?" Joseph called into the hallway when he came home. He had been living in this house for almost a month now, with his beautiful wife Adeline.

"Yes?" she called back. her voice was still super sweet and made him smile even though he would hear it everyday.

"Where are you? I have some news to share?"

"Kitchen, I made dinner."

He made his way to the kitchen real fast. Adeline's food always was delicious, she had her own bakery down town, but in Joe's opinion she could've opened a restaurant with her skills. When he found her sitting on the kitchen isle with the chopped vegetables in front of her, he wrapped his arms around her while resting his face in the crook of her neck.

"Hello darling," he mumbled.

"Hi, schatteloe," she always used to call him that. Adeline her mom was Belgian, she had grown up learning both Dutch and English along with French and a little German and Spanish. She explained to him that it meant like 'love' or 'treasure' it was just a really often used pet name really.

"I have news."

Adeline had turned her head to him now, she planted a soft kiss on his head making him smile in her skin before lifting his head to look at her. "Really?"

"I got the part."

"You got the part?"

"I got the part!"

"That's awesome!" she laughed jumping up from her seat and throwing her arms around his neck. She swayed him from side to side until Joseph placed his hands around her waist and lifted her up form the ground. He started circling around making her squeal in delight.

"I'm so, so proud of you!" she said to him once he set her down again. Her hands playing with the little curls in the nape of his neck.

Joe smiled down at her his hands still seated on her hips, "I really love you." And then he kissed her. He didn't think he would ever get bored of that. Adeline smiled in the kiss pulling him closer by his neck as he tightened his grip by circling his arms around her again.

"I love you too. More than I can express."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Joe was excited and scared and just over all nervous. He was scared he wouldn't fit in with the cast as they were already a big and close group seeing they've been filming together since (almost all of them) season one.

"You're going to do great, okay?" Adeline spoke from the drivers seat. Joe had asked her to drive him seeing he didn't want to be alone and let his thoughts wander too far in the ride to the table read. "It's going to be amazing, and I'll pick you up and you won't be able to stop talking because everything was so amazing!"

He just smiled at her, happy to have someone beside him who he knew would always support him. "I just, what i-"

"Nope," Adeline spoke bringing her finger up to his lips, "No what ifs! The duffer brothers said you were great for Eddie and casted you because of that. I mean who wouldn't you're an awesome actor and- back to the subject. These other actors have been through this too so they know what you are feeling. They will understand you Joe, and if they don't try to make you feel welcome I'll come beat their asses myself and-"

Before she could finish more of her threats Joseph had smashed his lips to hers. They were both soaking in each other before Adeline pulled back whispering, "Go now, before you're late."

"God what would I do without you."

"I don't know, but that's why I'm here. So you don't have to wonder, just enjoy."

"I love you," he said before pecking her lips again and opening the door.

"I love you!" she yelled after him once he started making his way up the stairs to the building. Joe turned around to smile at her one last time before opening the door and walking inside with a lot more confidence than before.

"Hi, I'm here for the table read?"

"Can you state your name please."

"Joseph Quinn."

"Level 2 room 253."

"Thank you."

While he made his way to the elevator he took out his phone one more time to see a message pop up:

Darling,
Good luck!!

He smiled softly before looking back up and seeing another person heading to his elevator, he placed his hands in between the doors until the person made it inside.

"Thanks," he spoke, "Also 2? Heading for the table read?"

"Yup, Joseph by the way."

"No way! I'm Joe, Joe Keery."