28

Joseph and Adeline were having the time of their lives, Jo was home almost all the time - except the occasional pre-interview - they would have date nights, movie nights, baking dates and more. The only thing that mattered was that they were together.

"Are you sure you want to come along?" Joseph and Adeline hadn't really talked about the fame that came with being in Stranger Things, they hadn't really registered they were going to be recognized in public and would have a whole less privacy. Actually, that all applied to Joseph.

"Yeah, you told me how much this means to you, I don't have to go on the carpet if you rather me not, but I really wanna be there, even if it's just in the crowd cheering you and the rest on."

Joseph smiled at her, he wanted to show her of everywhere he went, he wanted to point at her finger and shove it in every guy's face that she was his. In no way was he embarrassed to have her walk the carpet by his side, he was just scared. Maybe she wasn't ready for that life, maybe it would ruin how well everything was going right now. He really didn't want anything to change.

"You know what," Joseph said, "I'll call my agent, hear what he has to say."

Adeline smiled at him and walked up to him so she could kiss his cheek to search for a pretty dress.

Adeline didn't own many dresses, in fact she had just her wedding dress and her prom dress. She also didn't have any experience with this, so she was standing before her dresser with her phone propped up with Natalia and Maya on facetime. "Soo... I need some help. I don't have any idea what to wear, and I don't even know if I'm going to be on the carpet."

"I wouldn't doubt it honestly," Maya said, she was laying on her bed with her phone before her and her head propped up by her hands, "Joseph loves showing you off, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd kiss you on the carpet."

Adeline blushed heavily and groaned as she hid her face behind her hands. Natalia laughed as she looked at her two friends through the screen, "I would say to go with the prom dress, it's fucking beautiful and red is your colour as well as the one of Stranger Things."

"You're right."

"I am always right."

"You are so not!"

Adeline laughed as Maya and Natalia kept bickering on the phone, she took the dress out of the closet and went towards their bathroom where she could change.

When the brunette walked back in the room Natalia and Maya were still having their little fight not even noticing her in her dress. She was looking herself over in the mirror when she heard the silence making her look back at her phone.

"Holy shit."

"Damn girl."

Yeah she had a good dress.

"Yeah, Stan, I have uhm- a question

"Yeah, Stan, I have uhm- a question."

"Ask away."

"Would you say, it be smart if I take my wife on the carpet as my date. I really want to but I don't know how the press would take it."

Stan - his agent whose name I made up - was silent on the other side, as if he was making a pros and cons list.
      "I don't think It'd be smart."

Joseph sighed, he had seen this coming, he had expected it but at the same time he was still bummed, "Why?"

"Think about it Jo, you're a new character in a worldwide popular series, people are going to love you! If you are going to present yourself as a taken man, you won't keep that attention much longer. If you're single...
      You'd be desirable, people will be interested, girls-woman will be interested."

Joseph didn't move or speak for a moment, he was utterly speechless, and not the good kind that Adeline got him to be. He was utterly confused, angry, even disgusted by just thinking about doing that to Adeline.
       "Then I think I'll take her on the carpet, thanks for the advice, and it's Joseph to you, or maybe Quinn."

A/n 

sorry i haven't been updating this lately, I had a hard time with school and then had a fucking writers block which I am still struggling with a little bit, if you have anything you'd love to see - or read- happening in this story please don't be afraid to reach out I've already gotten one suggestion which I am absolutely going to include 

I hope i'll be able to update more now but I just don't know where I am going with this story at the moment but I am not going to give it up because this is literally my first ever book that did this great! 

I love you all and hope you enjoy this chapter <3

Also I have a current obsession with Spencer Reid and Mathew like holy damn he's fine??!!!