24

Adeline's world had been put upside down for some time, her husband getting a great part in a very very popular show, him having to fly out to Atlanta and not being besides her at all times, her bakery doing extremely well, ... Everything had changed and was different because of it. 

When she had 'met' Maverick it turned into one big catastrophe, he was everywhere, he made a fight brake out between her and Jo, he was causing too much drama in her once drama-free life. 

"That's Maverick?" Joseph asked, his arms placed around her shoulder as he could see Joe stare the man down.  

"Who's Maverick?" Millie asked, as Sadie was also stroking Addie's back. Finn, Caleb and Gaten were also staring at the man whilst Noah was looking around the table not sure what he needed to do. 

Natalia and Maya knew a little about the story, they knew he had said some not so fun stuff on her plane but neither of them knew about the fight or that he was practically stalking the young woman. 

"Air," Adeline whispered to Jo, "i need some air."

"Of course love," he said back while he took her hands and handbag, "We'll be back in a sec but we're going to get some air."

The others nodded their heads whilst staring at the man, he hadn't even noticed they all started looking at him he was focused, suddenly, in his food his eyes never leaving the plate of untouched food.

"Addie, you need to breath alright?" Jo had placed his hands on her shoulders again once they made it outside, his fingers played with the hairs that feel on them. Once her breathing slowed down and he didn't see tears brim her eyes he reached his hands up placing them on her cheeks, stroking them softly with his thumb while he jumped from eye to eye with his own. 

"I'm sorry," she mumbled out, he breath was short and she needed to take a deep one to recover from even such a simple and short sentence. "I ruined tonight."

"You didn't darling, he did."

Joseph hadn't seen his wife have a panic attack like this in a while, he had helped her through many in their younger years but once her parents were out of the picture and she could finally feel herself, he hadn't even seen her anxiety pick up unless she need to plan something really important.

It scared him, that maybe one day he won't be there to help her out of it, that maybe he'd be filming and even out of the country by doing so.

"Did you see him again before today?"

"He was in the café earlier," she whispered remembering it again, she had almost completely forgotten about it because of the thrill to go out. "It was like he knew I was going to be there."

"So he's a fucking stalker too," her husband grumbled to himself, "a egoistical homewrecker and a stalker, the motherfucker."

"Jo," she mumbled her hands reaching up to place over his, "Please, look at me, please."

His eyes stopped staring through the window and instead settled on her eyes instead, but couldn't stay focused on one so his eyes kept jumping around her face. "I didn't know," she whispered again, "I just want him gone," she almost whimpered. 

He saw the fear creeping behind her eyes and the tears starting to brim her eyes again, he shushed her with gentle strokes in her hair and on her cheeks, he pulled her in closer for a hug and pressed his lips to her forehead. "It'll be okay."

And he meant it, he would make sure Maverick would be dealt with. They stayed outside for a little longer just wrapped in each others arms without sating too much. 

"Are you ready to go inside?" Jo asked her just above a whisper, "If you don't want to we can just leave I'm sure they'd understand."

"No, no, I don't want to ruin the night."