25

Adeline had spent another few days with her husband and friends before she had to fly back to London. This time her flight went carefree and peaceful, no annoying men besides her, no screaming children and she even had a seat next to the window.

She didn't like leaving, again. But it went better than the first time, less tears were shed and she just didn't feel that stressed about going home like she did then. Maybe it helped that filming was almost done and she would soon have everything, almost, back to normal.

When she arrived at the airport she was greeted by Hannah and George instead of Jake and Mellisa, they had a little date day so she couldn't blame them.

The three friends went to a little restaurant where they used to go as teenagers, Dilly's. It wasn't that well-known but it was pretty popular when they were younger, they used to go there all the time, after school, before school, in the holidays, whenever they could really. Dilly's was owned by Kai, an older man who's son used to be in their high school, his wife had died while giving birth and he had always tried to give his son the best.

So when he opened his restaurant he named it after him, Dylan, whom he gave the nickname: Dilly. Dylan didn't used to be great fan of the nickname but when everybody came to compliment him on his father's achievements he allowed almost everyone to use the nickname also, it made him feel extra special and kept him reminded of his dad.

Dylan used to be a great classmate and a good friend but he got sucked into the wrong crowd and eventually lost himself to the drugs and punks int he school. Which let to him being in rehab instead of being a great architect like he dreamed to be.

"The usual for you three?" Kai asked them kindly, he always had a smile on his face. Adeline used to call him mister sunbeam, because of that, nobody had ever seen him angry.

"Yes please," Hannah begged while her tone was already filled with hunger for their meal.

The older man laughed at them, they were great company and even if they didn't come as regularly as they used to, they still came around. Kai had enjoyed having them over when they were younger, he had even tried to set one of the girls up with Dylan, and now that they were older they still updated him on the latest news.

"We actually have something to share with you Addie," Hannah said as Kai walked of with their order.

"Well I hope it's something good because I can't handle bad news right now."

"Ad, honey, you never handle bad news good."

"Yeah," Adeline said in the best 'no shit Sherlock' tone she always used, "It's bad news for a reason."

George laughed at his friend until he got a tiny dirty glance from his own wife, who also held a little smirk but didn't show it, he cleared his throat before speaking, "We're pregnant."

Adeline stopped with everything she was doing, which wasn't much, just breathing, seeing and being conscious.

She didn't faint but she was really close to it Adeline would've bet, her vision slowed down as did her sound everything sounded loud and slow, irritating and just plain heavy. Her heart hammered like took a double sprint in p.e.

"Y-you have- You're-"

"We're having a baby," Hannah whispered as her own eyes filled with tears and a smile formed on her lips. "And we would like it if you would be the godmother?"

"B-baby, Godmother?"

Her friends laughed at her gobsmacked expression whilst her vision slowly came back, her ears stopped ringing and she felt a tear slide down her cheek. "You have a baby in your stomach?"

It only made her friends laugh harder, which in it's turn made Adeline smile, but she was confused and maybe even a little jealous, how come she get pregnant whilst Adeline couldn't?

"Of course," she uttered eventually, one more tear sliding down her face, which she wiped away quickly, and mustering up the most courage she had left to smile at her friends. She was happy for them, but she was also hurt for herself. And she needed to remind herself that feeling like that was completely valid. She could be hurt about this, but not because of her friends, no she was happy for them.

But how she wished the tables could've been turned, that maybe she and Jo would be telling them this news and asking Hannah as godmother.

But for now she happy like this, as a godmother, but she still hoped one day she could be a mother too.

After the dinner she had gone back home, witch was still pretty weird seeing as everything was silent and her home looked like it had just been standing there for ever, collecting dust. Partly it had been doing just that but it looked like she hadn't been there in a few years when it in fact hadn't even been three weeks, two at most.

Guess it was cleaning day tomorrow.

Darling
hey love, i have some exciting news

Schatje💕
do share :)

Darling
I am a godmother

Schatje💕
wHat?
i was like expectin somehting like you bought a dog or sumthing
your a godmother?
to whom's child?i

Darling
hannah is pregnant
can you believe it?

Schatje💕
damn
holy shit
george is gonna be a dad
i had teased him about it for years
DAMN
thats awesome

Darling
right?
I AM SO HAPPY
liek jumping for joy kinda happy
i do miss you already tho

Schatje💕
illl be home soon love
were rapping up filming in a month and then ill fly home as soon as possible
then i cen meet the little child too

Darling
Its not visible yet so
they only told me i wouldn't have known otherwise
we went to Dilly's for dinner

Schatje💕
you guys went to kai without me?
feeling the love guys really

Darling
sorry love
that reminds me i had to give you his greetings and good luck he was willing to watch st for you
oh and if han and george tell you they're pregnent can you like act surprised?
i don't know if i could tell you or if they wanted to but yeah...
im not good with keeping things from you
and i was just really excited

Schatje💕
haha no worries im an actor
you should try to get some sleep darling
ill speak to you tomorrow xx

(little talk about miscarriage, not spoken about in depth)

*Jo was happy for his friends, but he too felt both happy and a little sadness creep up in his body. How come George get to be a dad, and how come Hannah get to enjoy motherhood while Adeline and him had technically lost a child without even getting the chance to give them a name.

He was still happy but even through the texts he could sense she was upset too, he also knew George and Hannah probably took her out to dinner at Dilly's because it was a memorable place and Adeline would feel most relaxed there. They wanted to tell her easy, Hannah knew this probably wasn't easy for her best friend, besides she was on the phone when Adeline got out of the hospital telling her that she lost her child. *

Both adults tried to get as much sleep that night, but it proved difficult without the other by their side. Adeline felt cold without having Jo's arms around her, and he felt incomplete without Adeline's figure pressed up against him.

They felt incomplete, but it wasn't only each other that made them feel that way, which made it even harder to fall asleep.

A/n

Maverick is gone and not planning on coming back, the season will be out soon and ... pregnancy drama

im such a horrible person for throwing this at them, im sorry my loves

but its going to get better!!

have a great night day or morning, be sure to eat and drink i love you guys and hope you enjoyed this chapter