ch. 22

I'm running.
Running towards the farm.
Daryl and Glenn are closely behind me. The echo of the gunshot is continously playing in my mind.

West, it was west.

I'm sick in the stomach thinking about what trouble Rick could be in right now. Maybe it was nothi-

BOOM.

Another gunshot goes off and I trip on a stick. Rookie mistake. A shooting pain strikes from my ankle up to my knee, sprained. I feel my knee start to bleed as Protectiver pulls me up and wraps my arm around his shoulder. We continue running as fast as we can although all I want to do is rub my sore ankle.

We make it back in time to see the barn on fire and a massive herd making it's way towards the house. Daryl and I stop walking in shock.

"Come on" he says.

We make our way to the front door and see Lori screaming for something. Hershel is shooting walkers just below us.

"Hershel we have to go now" I scream over the sound of growls.

No answer.

I try to pull him back but to no avail.

I run into the house and look for people I can help.

"Carol!" I scream at her to get her attention, she turns frantically.

"Lori cant find Carl" she yells back.

"What? Where is he? Has Rick made it back yet?"

"Lori can't find Carl, he left or is hiding. No ones seen Rick yet."

My heart drops even further.
Not only is Rick gone, but so is Carl and no ones seen them.

I try and clear my head to help the people around me, I can't worry about them right now.

"We have to go, get out of here as soon as you can, don't worry about anyone else right now" I tell her. She nods and runs off.

I shove my fingers through my hair to get it out of my face.

What the fuck.

These are one of those times that I don't know what to do.

I search for others that may be in trouble.

"Kelsey, get in! Hurry!"

I spin around to see Maggie and Glenn roughly behind me. I pull my gun out and start to make a safe trail.

I pull open the back door and as soon as my butt hits the seat Maggie peels out of there. 

"Did you see my daddy? Is he okay?" She asks.

"I saw him but lost him 5 minutes later, I'm sure hes fine."

She starts to cry and eventually Glenn takes her place.

"We need to head to the highway" he says.

The highway?

He turns the car around and we start heading to the main highway for some reason.

I'm guessing that's where everyone agreed to meet up if things went South.

"Did any of you see Carl, or Rick?"

"No I havent since he left with Shane and I had no idea Carl was even gone."

Fuck.