Ch. 2

As we make it back to what looks like a farm. I go straight to a short brown headed girl that's as tall as my sister.

"Mariah?" I question. Only for the girl to turn around and I realize it wasn't her.

"Oh, I'm sorry" I say backing away. I feel stupid. They would know if she was here.

"Its fine, I'm Maggie" she says holding her hand out

"Kelsey " I say shaking her hand.

To that I made my way over to Rick and was kinda hanging out by him awkwardly. He decides to introduce his wife to me but I could have swore she was hanging around another guy when I first got here.

She looks me up and down with an aggravated face. She walks away.

"Sorry about that, she was mad before." I nod assumingly and notice it's getting darker.

"So, where do I sleep?" I ask assuming I'm staying.

"There's two sleeping spaces. Daryl and Shane. I would request Daryl. Shanes going through something." He says

"Ight" I say.

"Huh?" I look up at him, remind you I'm 5'2.

"Ight" I say again. He rolls his eyes and mumbles a "whatever" but I heard it.

"Glad your staying, no one survives out there on their own." Maggie says patting my back. What she didnt know was my sister was out there on her own.

My heart shattered.

We all sit around the camp fire where I'm very tired from walking around all day.

"I don't think we met before, I'm Shane" Shane says starring at me. Putting his hand out.

"Kelsey" I say taking his hand. It's been about 30 mins and I end up laying my head on Shane's shoulder, drifting in and out of sleep.

I didnt mean to go to sleep, I dont just trust random groups, but somehow, this one felt different, this one felt safe.

"Hey, darlin" I hear Shane say.

I immediately wake up starring at the man.

"Sorry " I say. I look around to see everyone went to bed besides Daryl and Shane and Carol.

"Where ya sleeping" he asks. I shrug.

"I don't know." I say honestly.

Daryl glances at me.

"Well I do have an empty-" he was cut off by Daryl.

"You can sleep in my tent."

And with that he pushes himself off the log and heads towards what I'm guessing is his tent.

I get up to follow when a hand grabs my wrist. Me immediately pulling back.

Shane noticed.

"You ganna be okay?" Shane asks.

"Yeah, fine. Thanks for your offer." And with that I walked to where Daryl walked off to.

I walked in the tent seeing him laying down and the make shift bed. I go to the other side of the tent and lay down.

"Sorry" I mumble in my tired voice.

"For wha'?" I hear him say. He has the most southern accent voice I've ever heard.

"For taking up your tent
space. Not that there is any" I say gesturing around the room.

"I'll live." He says before we go to a complete silence.

"One more question" I say hesitantly.  Him groaning.

"What woman?" He asks annoyed.

"Why didn't u want me to go with Shane? "

Where quiet for a minute till he answers "Shane would probably get to handsy. He's going through some stuff not that I give a shit."

"So I've heard" I say. He only grunts in response.

And to that we go to sleep. Only hearing his light snores until letting once again the darkness engage my eyes. Till I was out like a light.

I honestly don't know why people use that expression it doesn't make sense.