Ch. 8

I see the farm from here and I can't stop the smile form on my face, but I quickly stops when I see everyone in a circle. Did Daryl show them the note?!

I don't stop running though. My legs barely Being able to stand. Rick sees me and immediately takes notice of the lifeless girl I'm holding. I have to bite my lip to not cry, so much it draws blood.

Rick notices my legs and takes Mariah to the house. Me following close behind. We step in and immediately hear Hershel yelling for medicine supplies I didn't even know excised. "Lay her on that bed over there, what happened!?" Hershel asks. "She was shot" my voice sounded raspy because the lack of conversation I did on my way finding her. I can't get close to anyone else. It'll hurt to much if something happens to them. I see Hershel check for a heart beat. He slowly stands back up and looks at me with a sad face.

No, no, no, this can't be happening. Without command the silent tears fall. Me wiping them away as fast as I can.

Rick pulls me in a hug Wich I gladly except. I take my gun out and point it to her head. I cock it and count to 3 "1,2" the tears still flowing rick rubs small circles on my back. "3-" I close my eyes and take a deep breath. With my finger on the trigger getting ready to pull it, I hear a small cough. I open my eyes to see Mariah chest moving slowly.

Hershel hooks up and Iv and says she has a faint heartbeat. I grin showing me pearly whites and let the happy tears flow. Man! She always brakes my records. I see rick smile to and I hug him.

I put my gun away and kiss her forehead. Hershel asks for some privacy and starts to take out the bullit in her stomach. Me and rick walk out, me still smiling. People give me weird looks because I don't usually smile. None of them have the heart to come and ask me except Maggie. I know there all nice just busy. "Hey hot stuff, why you so happy. " she asks walking over towards me. " I just found my sister!" I say

I see her smile. "That's great!Where is she?" She asks. "Your dads working on her" I say smiling. Maggie only nods and says she can't wait to meet her. I nod back and make my way to my tent after saying bye to rick. I see Daryl there with his head in his hands. "Hey protecter" I say his head immediately shoots up and he stands and walks over to me.

He pulls out the note and gives me a confused look. He looks pissed. "Ya," I say messing with my fingers. "What the fuck Kelsey?." He asks. "It was for the best, you know that Daryl" I say. He looks at me like I'm stupid. Wich I am but oh well. "Did you show anyone else" I say. "No" he says glaring at me. "Sor-" I was about to apologize when he says "save it, I don't need your sorry. Your lucky you left it with me instead of lover boy rick." I nod. "Okay" is all I can say.

Daryl is smart, he knows about me and rick. I know he's isn't being mean, just protective. My protecter is always trying to protect me. Kinda tiring.

I laugh. "Wha!" He says. "Your so protective.!" I say. He only rolls his eyes and lays down. It's been an hour and he hasn't talked to me. "What do I have to do" I say exhausted. He's giving me the cold shoulder and I'm tired of it. "Don't know wha you mean" he says. "Come on stop ignoring me when I speak to you." I say. " I just said something" he says sitting up. "You know what I mean." I say. Him smirking and I hitting him In the arm. Him faking hurt.

"Rub my feet" he says. "What! No fair" I yell. Making him smirk more and about to shrug so I put down my gun and take his boot off. Him laying down I tickle his feet which earns slightly kick from his other foot. "Oww! You brat.!" I say. Making him laugh. After 10 minutes I'm laying down exhausted of me rubbing his feet, glen walks in and stops dead in his tracks and starts laughing. "Am I done yet!" I say sounding like a child. My thumbs hurt. "For now" he says which makes me punch him. "God. Someone's grumpy" he says making glen laugh.

"I need you for a minute. " glen says making me suspicious.
" ya?" I ask stepping out of the tent and walking a little aways.