ch. 13

Opening my eyes, I realize I'm in the infirmary.

"Kesley" he put his arm up to block the radiant sun shining in his squinted eyes.

"Hmm?" I mumble not really aware of my surroundings, I wasn't really aware who I was talking to either sooooo, you get my point.

He says my name again and this time I'm able to get out of my trance. I look up to him, immediately standing up to respect the guy. Hershel, of course.

"Uh, sorry" I say keeping eye contact. Oh, lightheaded.

"'Tis fine, just came to let u know u have a gash on your head and to take it gentle. Your sisters awake too." Hershel said and I immediately got up from my bed and raced to the other room.

I had a real smile plastered on my face and ran in side the bedroom to see my sister propped up in the bed will a bowl of oatmeal on the table, her head has fell in her hands and he curtain of brown chestnut hair curtains her arms. Her hair has grown which isn't surprising, she has fast growing hair, same as me, we got the jeans from our mother.

"Ma-Mariah?" I ask hesitantly because even though I know its her I confused Maggie and her on the first day.

She turns around slowly so I could see her face. It was definitely her with her tear stained face, she's  scared to death.

I ran to her and we hugged like if we let go we would die. That's how I feel. I felt the tears sting my brown eyes as I squeeze them shut. Damn.

We let go so I can check up on her.

"Are you okay?! Where were you!? Was that a gun shot?! Is it infected?! Who shot you!? Did you get bit?! Ooohh myyy goooood, did u get scratched?!"
I started throwing questions her way before she could answer any of them.

Being the dramatic person I was, I put my hand on my heart and said
"This thing right here, almost died."

She just smiled and said she's fine. I was great to know she was fine, guilt washed over me and I had to of said "I'm sorry" so many times because she yelled she's getting a headache.

"Well yelling is only going to make it worse" I mumble looking around the room.

"Shut up" she gave me a flat look and then hugged me and smiled.

"Aren't you going to show me around? Be a gentlemen"

Bipolar brat.

"I'm not a guy, we've been over this Mariah." I say sarcastically.

She jumps off the bed and we walk towards the door. I can see the gunshot wound on the left side of her stomach. I open the door  and see my people working. Well, maybe since I got Miriah back, we could leave again. Not that I want to, what would I do without my buddy protector, or even Ricky?

I see Maggie and the group by the campfire. I walk up smiling to the group and they smile back until the see Miriah by my side.

Maggie was the first to speak.
"Oh my, is this little Miriah?" She asks standing up.

"She's finally awake and was dying to meet you all" I say.

I point to Hershell. I move her over to the man who saved her life, Hershel Green.

"Thank you so much" I say politely. "You are a good man" I nod at him. "I owe you one". I say.

I took her to Protectors and my tent, she lays down.

"Can you sing?" She asks turning around, I used to sing to her every day at night time and she would always fall asleep faster then I would, matter of fact, I barley slept at all, sometimes I didn't want her to fall asleep because I know what follows when she's asleep, I know what to expect when the footsteps walk in our room, I know when someone makes to many mistakes.

"No, not really" I say. Laughing I say fine and start singing Bruno mars count on me.

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea,
I'll sail the world,to find you.
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see
I'll be the light, to guide you.
Find out what ere made of,
When we are called to help our friends in need,
You can count on me like
1
2
3
I'll be there.
And I know when I need it I can count on you like
4
3
2
You'll be there.
Cause that's what friends are supposed to do oh ya,
Ooh ooh ooh ooh hoo
Ooh ooh ooh ooh hoo yeah yeah
If your tossin' and you turnin' and you just can't fall asleep,
I'll sing a song,
Beside you.
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me,
Everyday I will remind you ooh
Find out what were made of,
When we are called to help our friends in need,
You can count on me like
1
2
3
And I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like
4
3
2
You'll be there
Cause that's what friends are supposed to do oh ya,
Ooh ooh ooh ooh hoo
Ooh ooh ooh oh hoo yeah yeah
You'll always have my shoulder when you cry
You
I'll never let go
never say goodbye
You know you can count on me like
1
2
3
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like
4
3
2
You'll be there
Caused that's what friends are supposed to do oh ya
Ooh ooh ooh ohh hoo
Ooh ooh ooh ooh hoo
You can count on me cause I can count on you.

When I was done singing the song she was sleeping soundlessly. I kissed her forehead goodnight and went back outside to see Hershel and Rick were gone. Huh, confused.