Ch. 3

I wake up at the crack of dawn the next morning and get up bout to begin my search when Rick stops me.

"Where you going?" Rick asks. To his side is a lady that I saw with another man the first day I got here, Lori.

I didn't stop, I kept going and said "Away, gannna hunt some. Look for my sister. I'm not stoping till I find her, dead or alive."

"Alright, have Daryl go with ya. I would but, don't know how to hunt." He said.

"Maybe I could teach u one day. Where's my bodyguard?" I ask looking around.

The woman on his side glares at me. I smile back sarcastically before rolling my eyes.

" I might take you up on that offer. Could come in handy. And he's in the bathroom. " he says referring to Daryl.

I roll my eyes "Perfect." I say walking away.

I hear Rick chuckle as I walk away. I go inside to immediately see Daryl with a towel around his waist.

"Woah!" I say looking away.
"Sorry" I say.

"Is' fine."

"Get ready protecter, were going shopping." and with that I walked out waiting for him by the tree line.

When he finally got here I said."Took you long enough" throwing my head back in exhaustion dramatically.

"Why did u call me protecter?" He ask.

"Because you sorta are like a protecter but if anyone else calls you that let me know. " I say beginning to walk off to the woods. Him following in the prosses.

Where quiet for a few minutes till I brake it by throwing my knife in the squirrels head making a bulls eyes. It made me kinda sad.

"Yes!" I say quietly thrusting my arm down.

We continue walking. So far I've caught around a dozen squirrels. So has Daryl.

Where were they when I was hunting by myself?

That's enough for 4 to 5 days.
Thank god. I hear a rustle in the bushes and pull out my handgun. Daryl lifts his crossbows. I start to walk towards it when he pulled me behind him.

It was just one walker. He went to shoot it but I threw my knife easily cutting through the skull.

He looks back at me where I gave him back a scowl and walked over grabbing my knife and walking away.

When Daryl caught up i asked "What the hell was that!?"

"Wha?" He asks.

"Dont act like u don't know. Pulling me behind you. It was one walker." I say.

He shrugs.

"Could have been more" he says.

"And I could have taken care of it. " I say in a duh voice.

" I kno' Kelsey, it's jus', someone asked me to look out for you thas' all. " he says.

"Who" I ask confused.

"Someone. We needa' head back. " he says

"What ever protecter!" I yell

"Stop wif the name woman!" he says. We are now a mile away from the farm and Daryl took lead in front of me.

"You just gave me another reason to say it." I say.

"So your saying it's my fault?!" He asks surprised. I laugh. Amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Yup" I say winking.

And with that I took lead.

The competition was tiring. Me and Daryl in a race or something. Tryin to be the lead.

My legs burn because we would walk a little bit faster then one another to be the lead. Right now Daryls in the lead. Not for long.

After are little 'competition' with me winning and giving him a victory smirk. Him avoiding eye contact with me because he lost. I laugh mentally.

We step in the yard to see the camp fire going. We gather around it and I sit in the spot I usually sit in. Between Shane and Hershel.

After eating we all go lay down. I go to sleep instantly once my face hits the pillow.