ch. 19

"Hes right." Andrea said.

At first I thought it was just my head but then I saw Shane send her a glare.

"We should try and find another way." She continued.

"Anybody else?" Rick asked with his hands on his hip.

Everyone remained silent.

"Are yall gonna watch too?" Dale spat.

"No, you'll go hide in your heads in your tent and try to forget that were slaughtering a human being. Well, I wont be a party to it." I scoffed.

Dale walked behind me to Daryl and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"This group is broken." He whispered sadley and then he trailed off unsatisfied.

I watched after him in hurt.

As I was walking out I pushed past Daryl, he knew I was disappointed and he did nothing to help.

I gave Rick a glare and a roll of my eyes as I walked through the doors.

---------
We all waited in the living room awaiting the shot that would once and for all, give me all the answers I've wanted.

Daryl, Rick, and Shane were taking the tough part of being in there. I didnt want Daryl to be apart of it but he wouldn't listen to me.

After about 30 minutes we realised that they weren't going to go through with it.

Immediately I was happier and more confident in my say in the group. I know Mariahs smiling down at me.

After we noticed Rick come out of the shed we all walked outside.

Rick and Carl came back up to camp and I couldn't think of a reason why Carl was even with Rick in the first place but I didn't question it.

"We're keeping him custody for right now." Rick sighed placing his thumbs in his pant loop.

He glanced over to me and shook his head a little bit indicating he was not so happy with the decision to keep him.

That downed my spirit a little not going to lie.

" I'm gonna find Dale" Andrea smiled and rushed off giving me a pat on the shoulder.

"Carl, go inside, now please." Lori told her son.

"Listen to Lori Carl." I said.

Lori looked up at me in shock and appreciation. I nodded in return. I've decided I want to turn over a new leaf.

Carl nodded and walked into the tent. Rick pulled Lori away and they started to have a deep conversation which I cocked my head too.

I looked over at were Andrea ran off too and heard a bone chilling scream that made everyone immediately start running to the destination.

I pull out my gun and everyone follows suit.

"T-Dog, get a gun!" Rick yelled.

"Dale!" Andre screamed which automatically made my knees feel weak but I pushed through it.

Daryl made it before everyone else and I saw him tackle something before screaming out and waving his hands in the air.

"Helo, over here, run! Hang in there buddy" he soothed.

I made it to the site which automatically reminded me of my sisters death but I pushed it to the back of my head and dropped to my knees by Dale who was bleeding out in front of us.

The look in his eyes made tears swarm mine.

"Oh, my god!" I shrieked as tears stream down my face. His stomach was ripped in half and I knew he was not going to make it. I took off my button up and placed it on the open wound trying to try and decrease the blood.

I couldn't see straight as flashes of Mariah kept showing up in my mind.

"Alright, just listen to my voice. Listen to me, alright?" Rick pleaded. "Okay hold on, get Hershel!" Rick screamed in frustration.

Dale moaned in pain and I took his hand into mine.

"He needs blood, we need to operate." Rick states. I close my eyes knowing the outcome.

"Hershel!" I screamed in agony.

Andrea fell to her knees and began whispering to Dale.

"Hershel, we need Hershel!" Rick screamed again.

I would have got up if I know my knees wouldn't have buckled.

"Dale, were ganna help. We're here. Just hold on!" Rick pleaded.

Everyone stayed silent as Dale fought for his breath.

It seems like I'm the only one who truly knew the outcome of this situation.

I stood up wobley and walked over to Daryl as he embraced me so I could stand correctly.

"What happened!" Hershel asked as he ran to us. He shrieked at the scene.

"What can we do?" Rick asked.

I rested the back of my head on Daryls chest as I cried at the scene.

"Dale, it's going to be okay." Glenn claimed.

"Can we move him" Rick asked helplessly distraught.

"He wont make the trip." Hershel said gloomy.

I clenched my face and turned around so I wouldnt see Dale anymore.

" You have to do the operation here, Glenn go back to the house." Rick ordered.

"Rick." Hershel croaked and I knew we were done.

I wiped my tears, hard and turned back around. I got out of Daryls arms and stood behind him with my hands behind my back.

"No." Rick cried.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds.

"Hes suffering, do something!" Andrea cried.

Rick sighed sadley and took out his gun and held it to Dale's head.

" I love you, Dale." I said as he looked into my eyes.

"Oh, god" Andrea sniffled as she stepped away.

Ricks hand shook as he stood. Someone had to step in and take responsibility.

As I began to step closer Daryl stopped me and took the gun away from Rick who couldn't do it.

He knelt to the ground and placed the gun onto the base of Dale's forehead.

"Sorry, brother." Daryl mumered and glazed into Dale's eyes for a few seconds.

He pulled the trigger and that was all. There was no more Dale.

As I began to walk off fron the scene I hugged Rick before I felt Daryls presence behind me and we walked off together into the woods to get our minds off of everything.

-------------

HEY GUYS!!

Thank you guys so much on all of the love and support. So thankful for everything!

Ily guys! <3

Be safe pls!