ch. 17

"We had a little chat." I heard Daryl say as I walk out of our tent. He moved our tent way far back. I knew what he was doing but didn't call him out on it.

I roll my eyes at his knuckles. Bloody and bruised. 

"No one goes near this guy." Ricky says eyeing me.

I wanna tell him to stop looking at me like that. Like I'm a fucking child.

"Rick what are you going to do?" Lori's whiny ass voice asked.

I wanted to cover my ears.

"We have no choice, hes a threat, we have to eliminate the threat" Rick made it sound like a mistake in a bomb not a human being.

"Your joking, right?" I pry.

He looked at me. "I wish there was another way."

I scoffed.

"So your just gonna kill him?" Dale asked.

The only one with humane decency.

"Its settled. I'll do it today." Rick said sauntering off. He totally ignored his question.

Fucking asshole. Go show him that your opinion is nothing to take lightly.

Dale followed his steps and I had every intention on doing the same if it was for Protector holding me back.

I jerked my arm away and walked off in the woods. Probably not the smartest thing to do.

-----------------
Daryl and I were talking by our tent when Dale came walking up. I smiled at him which he returned half heartedly.

"The whole point of coming up here was to get away from you people." Protector said.

Amusing.

"Gonna take a lot more than that." Dale said honestly.

I nodded, agreeing.

"Carol send you?" He said looking down at his bolt. Hes been sharpening his arrows the whole day. And making more.

"Carols not the only one who's concerned about you, your new role in the group."

I stayed quiet and even thought about leaving so they could talk alone.

But that left my head the moment it entered.

Theres just something about knowing everyone's secrets that turn you on.

Maybe your just toxic?

Anyway...

"Oh man, I dont need my head shrunk. This groups broken I'm better off fending for myself, and Kelsey." Daryl groaned in annoyance.

"You act like you dont care," Dale said.

"Yeah, its cau'z I don'." He mumbled going back to sharpening his arrows.

You could practically hear my eye roll.

He glanced up to me before throwing his vest around him and placing his arrows in thier place.

"So, live or die you dont care what happens to Randell?" He asks trying to open what Daryls locked shut, his emotions.

I looked at Daryl. Awaiting his response.

He side glanced me.

"Nope."

Unbelievable.

Walk away.

"I dont believe it." I cross my arms over my chest daring him to argue.

He shrugged.
"Sounds like a personal issue to me."