I Promise

"Je-Jesus!" Allison shouted, jumping back from the bar table, where Five lay groaning on top of a briefcase.

"You guys, am I still high, or do you see him too?" Klaus asked as you stood up and quickly approached the boy.

"Five, where have you been?" Luther demanded angrily as Five rolled off of the table. You hastily slid your arms under his shoulders, pulling him back to his feet as he stumbled.

"What happened?" you asked, spinning him to face you. "Are you ok?"

"Who did this?" Luther asked, but Five simply took the coffee cup you still held in your hand.

"Irrelevant," he said, making his way past everyone and facing away from you all as he chugged the coffee.

"No, it's not," you said as the others just stared at him. "If they hurt you, I'm gonna hurt them."

Five sighed, wiping his mouth and turning around when he finished the cup.

"That's not our priority. The apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save our world is, well, us."

"The Umbrella Academy," Luther said as you approached Five, swiping a smear of dirt off of his cheek.

He cleared his throat, looking down and hiding a blush as he spoke.

"Yeah, but with me, obviously." You flicked his forehead, rolling your eyes.

"Then what's the plan, smart-ass?" you asked, annoyed by his overconfidence.

"The plan," Five responded in a low voice, raising his eyebrows at you, "is for you all to get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves. Otherwise, we're screwed." Everyone stared at him. "Who cares if Dad messed us up? Are we gonna let that define us? No." Everyone shook their heads along with him, and you sighed quietly, moving behind him and leaning on the back on the couch as he spoke. "And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead." He held up a slip of paper. "I know who's responsible for the apocalypse."

You stepped forward quickly, snatching it from his hands and unfolding it so the others could see. They gathered around you, curious, as Five continued speaking.

"This is who we have to stop."

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison asked dubiously when she read the name.

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego questioned, and you all looked to Five for an answer. He finished slurping the coffee and tossed it into the living room. You scoffed, unable to keep a small smile from your face - until he spoke again.

"I don't know - yet. But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked, and you nodded.

"And do you know what he looks like?" you added, peering back down at the slip of paper. "I mean... this doesn't give us much to go off of."

"I don't know any of that," Five said, agitated.

"Wait, so you just know his name?" Diego asked, clearly upset. "That's it?"

"That's enough," Five responded confidently.

"There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses in the city."

"It's more than we had before," you reminded him. "At least this narrows it down."

"I'm sorry," Allison said, and everyone turned to look at her. "Am I the only one that's skeptical here?" Five's expression turned pained, and he glanced down at his stomach. Your eyebrows drew together, and you started to ask him what was wrong, but were interupted. "I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?"