I Should've Helped You

The four of you pulled up to the address listed in the folder, and you were surprised to see that the house looked... normal. Well, for the home of a guy who was going to end the world, anyway.

"Be careful," Allison warned as you walked onto the sidewalk. "We don't know what this guy's capable of."

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him," Diego said, and you glanced over at Five nervously, noticing he had a very heavy limp. "Looked kinda scrawny."

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murderers. I mean, look at him." She gestured toward Five.

"Thanks," Five mumbled before the three of you made it to the porch.

"Good point. So what's this guy want with Vanya?" You watched with concern as Allison disappeared around the side of the house.

"I don't know. How about we ask him after we kill him?" Five asked sarcastically.

"Whoa, whoa. Hey, look, I'm gonna burst through the d-" He cut off, and Five looked around, confused.

"She went around the side of the house," you explained, and Diego sighed. 

"You know what? It would be nice for people to just stick to-"

Five grabbed your hand, lunging forward, and the two of you reappeared in the house.

"That didn't make me dizzy at all," you mumbled, holding your head when you reappeared inside the house.

"You'll get used to it," Five said, pulling you forward by your elbow.

"I will?" you asked, unable to keep a small smile from your face. Five opened his mouth but nothing came out - thankfully, he was saved from having to respond by Diego bursting through the door - literally. He fell to the ground, groaning, and you rolled your eyes.

"Subtle," Allison observed, striding over, as Five opened the door.

"You know the door was unlocked," he told Diego, who slowly stood up.

"Yeah, well, my way works just fine."

"Tell yourself that," you said, but reached your hand out and hauled him to his feet.

"Spread out," he instructed, pulling a knife from his suit. "Yell if you, uh... you know, you're in trouble."

"Sweet," you muttered, turning away from him.

"Right? Inspiring leadership," Five said, and you smothered a laugh.

"One of the greats," Allison said with a sigh before turning for the stairs.

"All right, you're coming with me," you told Five, dragging him into the kitchen. "What is going on with you?"

"What?" Five asked, smiling wide and showing off his dimples as he leaned closer. "The usual. Why?" He tucked his hands in his pockets, and you sighed.

"You're limping, and clearly in pain. Just tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing, all right?" he insisted, shrugging and causing himself to grimace again.

"And that is how I know you're lying," you said, reaching out but hesitating before you touched his arm. You bit your lip, shaking your head. "Fiv-"

"Guys, you need to see this," Allison called from somewhere up above, interrupting you. You frowned when Five raised an eyebrow at you and began following her voice.

"This isn't over!" you shouted helplessly, following him after a moment. You ascended a stairway into an attic, eyes widening when you saw what Allison was pointing at.