The Bomb

You jolted awake when the house began to shake slightly, raining dust down on you. You stumbled out of bed, blearily making your way downstairs and following the rest of your siblings as they made their way to...

The basement. 

You leaned heavily on the wall, the moisture in your mouth disappearing. 

I can't.

"Eight?" you spun around to see Diego watching you, a knife gripped in his hand. "What's going on?"

"I don't know," you said slowly, taking a deep breath. "Everyone's heading to the basement."

"We have a basement?" he asked, glancing behind you. "Shit. Come on." He grabbed your arm, tugging you toward the elevator.

"Where's Five?" you asked, trying to push the fear out of your tone.

"I dunno. He came downstairs when I was... um... waking up," he hedged awkwardly. "He's probably with the others."

He continued dragging you into the elevator, and you could barely breathe when you reached the bottom, revealing Vanya trapped in the room.

Your father had altered it many times over the years to suit his needs, but this one was one of the worst. The metal spikes lined the walls, and the only way out was through a small door set into the front, with an even smaller window.

And, of course, it was soundproof.

You tuned everyone out, your eyes locked on your sister, who was banging desperately on the door.

"You locked up our sister because you think she has powers," Diego said slowly, pulling you back to reality. 

"No, I know she does. Pogo told me. He's always known, and so did Dad," Luther said hatefully.

"Oh, right," you whispered, and your siblings turned to face you.

"What?" Luther asked. "You knew about this?"

You swallowed hard, pressing your hands into your legs to stop them from shaking.

"Well, uh... when I was at the cabin, I watched Harold try to train her to use her powers. It was pretty cool, really, but nothing dangerous," you said quietly, wishing everyone would stop staring at you. "I just... with everything going on, I forgot to tell you guys. I'm sorry."

Luther's face contorted, but Diego spoke before he could.

"Why would they hide this from us? I mean, am I the only one that didn't know this place existed?"

You stared at the ground, sudden anger washing through you. How dare Luther lock Vanya up?!

"H-h-h-he hid so much from us," Klaus whispered, his eyes wide.

"He hid it because he was afraid of her," Luther growled, pointing at Vanya, who was still pounding on the glass.

"Oh, that's ridiculous!" Klaus cried.

"Is it? I mean, Dad's lied about everything else. Why is this so far-fetched?" Luther asked.

"Well if you're right, maybe she's the one who killed Peabody," Diego suggested, and you clenched your fists.

"And slashed Allison's neck." At this point, the anger took over. You marched up to Luther, pointing your finger in his face menacingly.

"If Vanya did either of those things, she had a very good reason. Maybe we should ask her, like normal human beings. Now let her out, Luther! You don't know what it's like in there!"