Afraid of Losing You

Five, Diego, Luther and Allison rushed into the living room of Harold Jenkins, horrified to discover Allison with her neck sliced, lying on the ground, clearly dying.

"Allison! No!" Luther shouted, kneeling next to her as his shoulders shook.

"Shit," Five breathed, before glancing around. "Where's Eight?" When nobody responded, he grabbed the collar of Diego's shirt, pulling him closer. "We have to find her. She's supposed to be with Allison, and she wouldn't leave her like this - not if she could help it."

Diego sighed, glancing around.

"What we need to do is get Allison-"

"Help!"

Everyone, save for Luther and Allison, turned to the door when they heard the voice.

Five glanced at Diego and Klaus, his eyes narrowing.

"Eight." He flashed out of the house, and Klaus and Diego followed him.

"Get Allison home, to Grace!" Diego shouted, and Luther glanced up finally.

"You're just going to leave her?!" he cried as he carried her to the car.

"There's nothing I can do for her," Diego responded. "But there might be something I can do for Eight."

Luther didn't protest further, jumping into the driver's seat and speeding off.

Meanwhile, Five flashed through the darkening forest desperately, shouting Eight's name.

"Eight!" he yelled, spinning in frantic circles. Diego and Klaus did the same.

"Look!" Five shouted, and both boys ran over to him. His jaw tightened. "She was dragged." Two lines in the dirt proved this, leading all the way up to the beginning of the dock. The three of them walked to the edge, revealing tiny ripples in the water."Shit," Five whispered, and without hesitating further, dove into the lake. Diego and Klaus followed moment later, not even bothering to peel off their shirts.

A few moments later, Five emerged from the water, shaking his head to get the hair out of his face.

"I've got her! Diego, help me get her on the dock, now! She's got something weighing her down. Quick!"

Diego swam over, scooping Eight out of the water and heaving her onto the dock.

"A chain," Five growled, a muscle in his jaw ticking in anger as he hauled himself onto the dock after Diego. His breathing was erratic and frantic, panic blurring his vision. He pressed his ear to her chest, eyes widening. "Shit, she's not breathing. Diego, do something!"

Diego hesitated before hastily readying himself for CPR. He pressed on Eight's chest only once before she suddenly made a gurgling sound on the back of her throat, water spilling over the sides of her mouth.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

The first thing you noticed when you woke up was the burning feeling in your lungs. You coughed and choked, relieved to feel someone help you sit up. You leaned into them, coughing water out of your lungs. You suddenly remembered being waterboarded - that no longer seemed frightening at all. It felt like your entire body was on fire, and you were grateful for the water soaking your face since it hid your tears.

Finally, when most of the water was expelled, you just clung to the person's shirt and let yourself sob. You felt gentle, slightly shaking hands push your dripping hair away from your forehead.

"It's ok, Eight." It was Five's voice - he was the one holding you. "You're okay now. I've got you."

His hand skimmed over your back, comforting you, and you buried your head in his chest and cried, your shoulders shaking. He just held you, running his fingers over your soaked hair, combing through it gently.