The End of the Fucking World

(F/C) = Favorite Color

A few minutes later, you had arrived at the Icarus Theater, for the most part miraculously unharmed. A bullet had grazed your cheek, but it left nothing but a scrape, and the others had suffered mainly the same fate.

You all burst through the front doors, sprinting up the steps and preparing to enter the room where Vanya was surely playing by now. However, Allison stopped Luther with a hand on his chest, holding up a notecard. You peered around Klaus to read it.

"Me and Eight need to go alone."

You smiled slightly, stepping forward to join her, and she took your hand and squeezed it gently.

"Allison, I can't let you two do that, all right?" Luther said, and Diego turned around and jogged back over to the group, confused. "She's beyond reasoning."

"You hear the music?" Diego shouted, louder than you wished he would. "It's started."

"Do you honestly think that she's gonna listen? After everything that's happened?"

"Maybe she will, Luther," you said angrily. "We have to try. We've known her our whole lives."

"You haven't," Luther responded, and you sneered at him.

"We don't have time for this!" Klaus said from behind him.

"Ok." Luther said quietly, and you narrowed your eyes.

"Wha-" But Allison pulled you away before you could ask him why he was suddenly letting you. You hastened through the hallways alongside your sister, finally creeping through the door and walking along the aisle in order to see Vanya better.

You both stopped when you reached the front, simply gazing at her as she played.

Her music is even better than it was in my dream, you thought, eyes widening as she continued playing, the music sliding across your brain beautifully.

When she finally looked up, her shadowed eyes met yours and Allison's.

"I'm sorry," you mouthed, and a smile flickered onto her face. You grinned back, hope warming your heart. It was crushed momentarily by Diego and Luther sprinting toward her from opposite ends of the stage.

They only lasted a few moments - Vanya swept her bow, sending them flying through the air and thunking to the ground amongst the crowd of screaming, panicking guests. Everyone began to flee fearfully, but Vanya swept her bow out again, forcing the musicians to continue playing as she did the same.

"Move! Go, go, go, go, go, move!" Diego shouted as people pushed him backward.

"You're an idiot!" you screamed at him. "I'm going to kill you if you don't die tonight!"

She sent another blue wave flaring across the audience, and you ducked, gasping.

"She's stronger than expected," Diego said from where him and Luther had ducked behind some seats.

"Yeah." Luther looked up, startled, as Allison chucked something at him from where she sat beside you.

"You're dead," you hissed. "You hear me, Luther? Dead! We were so close! Fuck you."

Luther glared right back.

"Yeah. We're fine, thanks for asking. Look, I almost lost you once, all right?" he said to Allison. "I wasn't about to lose you again."

"How sweet," you said sarcastically, before turning back to the stage where Vanya continued to play her violin. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Diego open his mouth to say something to you, but then he clamped it shut and turned away.