Not Sorry

A few minutes later, you and the rest of your siblings other than Vanya and Allison had gathered in the living room. And, of course, Luther, who had refused to leave Allison's side. You were actually pretty grateful - Allison would probably want someone next to her when she woke up.

She's going to be ok, you kept reminding yourself in relief. Still, you couldn't shake the conversation you'd had with Luther out of your head. You had stayed behind when the others left, to make sure Luther was ok, but he spoke before you could.

"You're lucky, you know. The others went after you instead of caring for Allison."

You ducked your head, shame and embarrassment sweeping through you.

"I know. I... if I had known that Allison was in danger, I never would have done that."

"What happened, anyway?" Luther asked after a brief pause. You hesitated, not wanting the attention to be on you instead of Allison.

"I just... I got thrown in the lake by Harold." You shrugged awkwardly. "I had some trouble getting back to shore."

Luther rubbed his forehead, laughing angrily to himself.

"Right. You couldn't swim five feet back to shore without help from your brothers." He pointed to the door. "Get out."

For a moment, you felt angry. But then your eyes landed on Allison's bandaged neck, and you had left without saying a word. In the hallway, however, Grace had pressed something into your hand.

"There's no time to explain," she said quietly, and you opened your palm to reveal your father's monocle. "I have to get back to Allison. I wouldn't tell your siblings about this."

A moment later, she had vanished, and you simply tucked the item into your pocket before making your way to the living room.

"The bastard that nearly killed our sisters is out there, with Vanya," Diego said, drawing you from your reverie. You sat next to Klaus, who looked distracted. You fiddled with the monocle in your pocket, confused by why Grace had wanted you to have it. Hadn't Diego thrown it out, anyway? Was he lying, or did Grace have an extra? "We need to go after her."

"Vanya is not important," Five said as he paced through the living room.

"Hey, that's your sister," Diego said, and you nodded. "That's a little heartless even for you, Five."

"Diego's right," you added. "She could be in danger."

"I'm not saying I don't care about her," Five said through grit teeth, clearly growing impatient. "But if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the other seven billion of us. Harold Jenkins is out first priority."

"Harold Jenkins is probably with Vanya anyway," you said, standing up. "So I'm in. Bonus points if I get to hurt him."

"I agree. Let's go," Diego said, heading for the doorway.

"You guys count me out," Klaus said suddenly, and the three of you turned to face him dubiously. "I-I mean, you, you know, no offense or whatever. It's just... I kinda feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for the newly sober me, so..."

"You're coming," Diego interrupted, and Five just blinked at him, his hands in his pockets.

"No, no, no," Klaus said, waving Diego away. "I mean, I think we can all agree that my power is... I mean, it's pretty much useless. I'd just be holding you guys back."

"Klaus, get up." Five sounded tired, and you snuck a glance at him. 

"Eight doesn't have a power at all, and she's coming with," Diego added, and you glared at him.