You're in Danger, Too

You glanced at the sky as helicopter blades whirred, sirens wailing and screeching in the distance.

"We have to find her," Luther said quietly.

"We're not hurting our sister," you said quickly, but he simply cast a guilty glance at you, refusing to respond.

"We gotta go, now!" Diego shouted when helicopter lights suddenly shone brightly in your eyes. You shielded your face, grimacing. "Regroup at the SuperStar. Go!"

Allison began running, and Luther followed. Five grabbed your wrist, pulling you into the light and flashing you further away from the house. You stumbled as you reappeared in the street, Five quickly catching you and stopping you from falling.

"A warning would be nice next time," you said breathlessly as you both hopped into the car.

"Yeah, there was no time," Five said, pushing his hair out of his face as he started the engine.

"Why are we going to the SuperStar again?" you couldn't help but ask.

Five glanced behind him nervously before peeling out of the alleyway.

"Because," he said, "that is the last place anyone would expect us to go."

"Smart," you muttered.

"(Y/N)," he said seriously, and you turned to face him when you realized he was looking at you instead of the street.

"Eyes on the road."

"I'm being serious, (Y/N). I... don't want you coming with us when we find Vanya."

You snorted, leaning back in the seat and crossing your legs.

"Yeah, good luck making that happen."

"It's just... you don't have a power, and Vanya could kill you in an instant." He gripped the wheel tighter. "She knocked a whole building over, (Y/N)."

"You might as well just say it," you said, trying not to appear too pouty. "I'm a 'liability'."

"That's not why I'm asking this," Five said immediately.

"Riiiiight. You're 'asking' and not 'telling'."

"I'm asking because I care about you," he continued, ignoring your statement. "And if you got hurt, I... I don't want you to get hurt, all right?"

"I can take care of myself, Five," you insisted. "Believe it or not, I'm an adult too. I'm capable of making my own decisions. And if I get hurt, that's my own fault, not yours. I can fight, too - Dad made me train occasionally, as well."

"I know," he said softly, glaring at the road. "It's just... Vanya's powerful. I want to make sure you understand that."

"Do you?" you asked, and he scowled. "You're walking into this too, Five. And I know you think your power will protect you, but what if you run out of energy? You're in danger here, too."

He was saved from responding as the car screeched into the SuperStar parking lot, and both of you hurried through the front doors of the bowling alley. Surprisingly, Allison, Luther and Diego were already there. As you and Five settled next to each other on two chairs pressed together, Klaus came running in, gasping for breath.

"The main event is here! Oh, and his trusty sidekick." He grinned at the air, and you assumed he meant Ben. "Come on, go along with it. You're just a supporting character." He settled into a chair near Diego, and you realized the siblings formed a wonky circle around you and Five.

"Look, I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare," Luther muttered, fiddling with his hands.

"For what?" Diego demanded immediately.