Ep. 1 First Day Out

Jayda Cheaves P.O.V

"Rain ?" I hear before feeling a few taps on my arm "rainnnnnnnn?" They repeat louder .

I slowly open my weary eyes to see my cell mate Saavina hovering over me with a large smile .

She's a gorgeous East Indian woman who happened to stab her husband twenty six times AFTER poisoning him to death . She says he was abusive and threatened to kill her and her daughter , but according to the judge she's just a crazy bitter ex wife .

Either way, she's a really sweet girl and has been an Angel to bunk with. We've had no conflict within the time I've been in here and I couldn't be more thankful . I honestly look at her more like a friend than a cellmate .

Without her , I don't think I would've survived .

"Goodmorning vina " I chuckle a little as I yawn and stretch out to give her my complete focus.

"Goodmorning Harriet ! " she squeals excitedly

"Excuse me ?" I furrow my eyebrows at her confused .

"You're officially a free woman " she grins while waving what looks like a cake she made out of honeybuns and oatmeal pies in front of me .

"Aweee " I smile opening my arms to hug her "thank you so much vina , you didn't have to use your commissary on me "

"Oh non sense " she waves me off as she sits the cake down and crosses off something on the calendar "we've been waiting for this day forever " she exhales before returning next to me on the bed "I knew you'd make it out"

"Thanks v " I smile.

It's still a little surreal that today I'll finally be let out of this hell hole that I've been calling a home for these past few years .

This compacted room , Ice cold floors , and bare walls , hold so many memories. Rather they be tears , suicidal thoughts , or anger , I've been through it all in this one place , and now it's finally coming to an end .

I've been so use to being this monster that everyone thinks I am that I haven't been able to look into the mirror that sits on the wall directly across from my bed . I haven't been able to dress up , or make myself feel beautiful , or smile without the influence of someone else .

I don't feel like jayda anymore , and at this point I damn sure don't feel like rain .

I'm just an entity .

"Oh yeah " saavina calls out , interrupting my thoughts , as she digs into her pocket pulling out an envelope " I was working in the mailroom earlier and You got a letter from that kentrell guy again "she informs me

"Throw it in the trash " I scoff rolling my eyes

I honestly don't know what could've possible possessed kentrell to think that its okay to write me since I've been locked up .

He's sent me seven letters every month for three years and I haven't read any of them.

He didn't kill Bryson , and he attempted to warn me about Von , but he abused me physically and mentally to long for me to ever forgive him or give him credit for anything . I honestly wish I would've shot him AND Von with the same bullet .

Two demons , one stone .

"He's written you like everyday , you sure you don't wanna read em ? " she asks . I shake my head and she shrugs as she tosses it into the trash with the rest of em ."Do you plan to see him when you get out ?"

"No " I say quickly " I actually plan to make enough money to leave the city and not see anyone I used to know " I admit .

"Chicagos smaller than you think love" saavina reminds me