Ep. 3 Mirrors

Jayda Cheaves POV

"Then tell me why this big bitch had the nerve to spend twenty extra minutes on the phone talking to her cheating ass boyfriend making me miss my fucking call time " Saavina yells over the phone as she explains why she hasn't been able to call me since I left.

I've officially been out for a week now and to be honest things have been way better than i thought they would . Ive saved up seven thousand dollars so far from the club within five days , and it seems like every night I make more than the last.

The clubs are packed, the men be dropping bags, and dancing is getting easier the more comfortable I get.

I'll be out of here in no time, and the best part of it all is that I haven't ran into von or kentrell ! I swear it can't get no better than this.

"so how has it been staying with your little opp?" Saavina asks causing me to chuckle.

"It hasn't been to bad" I shrug " I don't really have to see her as much since we work at different times , and during the day she's either sleep or out " I explain

"that's good you don't need that negative energy around you" she scoffs " just stack your chips and dip out"

"she's really not that bad vina , I think I judged her to harshly from one small situation" I admit.

Dess has been helping me out so much since I've been out that it would be super ungrateful to speak ill of her behind her back. She hasn't done anything so far to rub me completely the wrong way so I'm not going to think to hard about it.

Von is the real enemy, not her.

"You have to start trusting your gut jay" Saavina starts "just because she seems nice now doesn't means she won't switch up on you like she did before " she continues "your goal is to get up out of there , not be her friend and damn sure don't let your guard down especially in that club, nobody's your friend "

I listen to her words and think back to the bullet I dodged at the club earlier this week.

I don't have any proof that von sent that Nardo guy but quite frankly, I don't care !

Its not a coincidence that he just happened to be at the club my first night back and also works with von but doesn't know anything about what happened. I call bullshit no matter what dess has to say about it.

I haven't seen him since that night and I wouldn't be surprised if he ran off to go tell von that I figured out their little game. I just can't believe he thinks I'm that stupid . He gotta come harder than that !

'This collect call will disconnect in thirty seconds. '

"ugh" I hear saavina scoff

I chuckle a little and shake my head " you heard the lady" I mumble. The sound of that operator taking your last thirty seconds of freedom is just something you can never unhear no matter how bad you want to "I love you vina"

"I love you more jay" she sighs " hold it down on the outside "

"hold it down on the inside "

"I will and remember-"

The phone disconnects in the middle on saavinas last sentence making me mug . The prison system ain't got no fucking manners! it could peoples last time talking to their families and they just cut off the phone call like it means nothing .