4║𝚃𝚘𝚘 𝙼𝚞𝚌𝚑, 𝚃𝚘𝚘 𝚂𝚘𝚘𝚗?

« 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓: 𝑻𝒐𝒐 𝑴𝒖𝒄𝒉, 𝑻𝒐𝒐 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏? »

𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 twirls a flower stem between her thumb and pointer finger. She sits between Bucky's muscly legs, resting back against his chest with her feet dangling down into the water of the small river. The back of his warm fingers trace the upside-down rose on her upper arm, and every other minute he kisses either her cheek or her neck. The smile on her widens each time, as if he wants it to stay big and bright on her face.

"It's gonna take a while, you know," Bucky speaks, his chest rumbling with his words. Olivia starts plucking the petals from the flower.

"What is?"

"Gettin' to know me."

"Sounds like you don't trust me," she chuckles and moves her legs back and forth, feeling the water flowing against her skin and cooling her.

"I don't," he plainly speaks, and she nods.

"It would be stupid to," she replies and plucks the last petal from the flower. "Can I come by and see the compound?"

"The bar or the shop?"

"Both?" She asks with a hopeful voice and looks back at him over her shoulder. "I'm guessing Loki still spends most of his time at the bar, and I wouldn't mind catching up with him."

Bucky tenses up and his smile fades, jaw tensing. Olivia searches his face over her shoulder and tries to figure out what about her words was wrong. It could be about spending time in the bar. Most of the women there are free-rein, and part of their lot is 'taking care' of the bikers who might come by. Bucky slowly eases up, sees her instead of looking through her with a blank gaze.

"The bar, huh?"

"Something wrong with Loki?" She asks with furrowed eyebrows, gauging his expression. He notices and is careful not to show anything.

"Nah, he's a good member of the crew. Helps out when it's needed," Bucky carelessly replies, and she can't sense a lie, but that doesn't mean she believes him either.

Olivia sits up straight, turning around to look properly at him. He isn't being truthful. She puts her elbows on his bent knees, crossing her arms and resting her head on top. He smiles at her, brushing a lock of hair away as it sticks to her lip and cups her face. Olivia kisses his palm and wrist, grinning brightly.

"I don't fully believe you," she says without the smile faltering. "But it's okay if you don't want to tell me."

"Yeah?"

She hums in agreement. Her smile drops, and a cool mien draws on her, every sign of happiness fading. Her warm, brown eyes become dull and cool. "But don't ever lie to me like that again."