9║𝙰𝚒𝚗'𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗' 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎?

« 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆: 𝑨𝒊𝒏❜𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒚 𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏❜ 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆? »

𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 tiredly sits down and slides her sneakers off her feet. The smell hits her immediately. She grimaces. Changing shoes during her break helped, but after wearing these for about 5 or 6 hours without standing still for even a minute, they've accumulated quite the scent. A knock sounds on the door to the locker room while she peels her socks off and throws them into the plastic bag in the bottom of her shoulder bag.

"Ollie, you in there?" Noah's voice echoes in the room.

"Yeah, in here."

The messy head of black hair sticks into the room, and Noah smiles.

"Carol's outside waiting for you."

"Cool, thanks..."

Noah turns to leave.

"Hey, how's Mrs Parker doing?"

"Haven't checked on her today?"

"ER's been busy," Olivia sourly mumbles and slides back into her non-work shoes, immediately feeling more at ease. She digs into her shoulder bag and pulls out a handful of various candy bars. "I told her I'd make sure she got some good chocolate."

"Not very ethical of you," Noah grins and walks in as she sticks the handful of candy bars forward.

"Call it a bribe, and you can take one." She smiles while he plops them into his pocket. Noah raises an eyebrow but fishes one back out.

"The expensive ones too?"

"Of course," she grins and makes sure she has everything from her locker. Olivia stands up and swings her bag over her shoulder, her bomber jacket over her arm.

"I'll make sure she gets them," he replies with a salute as she passes him in the doorway.

"Good. Now, don't eat all of them."

She sends him a wave as he opens up the door, and she makes her way to the front entrance of St. Francis. The usual secretaries are sitting in the circular front desk lined with plants in the middle of the room, and she sends each of them a nod. Carol stands outside, swinging the keys to her Puma around her finger. She walks through the glass doors when she spots the brunette woman.

"Took you long enough," Carol scoffs with that familiar glint in her eyes, and Olivia thrusts her bag into the blonde's chest.

"Make yourself useful for once and carry my bag," she snaps back.

The two women barely make it outside before their grins crack, and they start laughing. Olivia tells Carol the worst stories of the night. Two OD's on heroin, and a man whose arm was completely twisted and fractured in five places after falling down a cliffside outside town.