𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

« 𝑬𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 »

« 𝑬𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 »

Olivia sighs as she puts her hand against the bark, slowly sliding down to sit. Leaning back her head, she tries to absorb as many rays as she can while her fingers slide through the grass around her. It's long, a few flowers here and there. She's been trying to remember what their names are, how to care for them. Maybe there's a small idea in the back of her mind of having a garden at some point, a small one with plenty of wild plants. They should be allowed to grow on their own, she wouldn't want them to fit specific ideals but rather they should be wild and free.

"Don't ya look cosy," Bucky says, sitting down next to her with his back against the tree and she slowly opens her eyes, smiling.

"This is a great spot," she chuckles as he pulls out their burgers from the paper bag.

"Reminds you a little of somethin' huh?" He smirks and sends her a wink.

"Oh, you wish. I think that old spot is better. Maybe that's why I started loving you, wasn't anything to do with you but just the scenery."

"You're kiddin' yourself, I'm damn good-lookin'."

"The best," she replies and begins unpacking her lunch.

She's not sure how to bring it up, but she wants to. Winter isn't far away and although she didn't hate the others, it would be nice having somewhere proper to settle down instead of driving south and staying in hotels for weeks at a time.

"I talked to Carol." She ends up saying.

"Yeah? How're things?"

"Good, with her and my dad, The Compound as well. Sharon and Steve went on their first date last week," she grins.

"About time! He's always been a little slow on the uptake," Bucky laughs.

"Yeah," she breathes, "no kidding... Carol said something else."

"Spit it out, sugar, what's got your mind in a twist?"

She smiles. "She found a house listing, something that might be what we're looking for – a few towns over, of course. Pretty far away from Joy."

"Yeah?"

She nods.

"Are you ready for that?"

"I think so... I want to be... And, I've been thinking too." She takes a deep breath, readying herself for what she's about to say. "My birth control prescription is up for renewal and maybe I just- Well, shouldn't?"

Bucky chokes on his food, spitting and coughing as he watches her with wide eyes. "Shit." He clears his throat and hits his own chest, swallowing thickly. "Ya mean like..."

"Not actively," she says quickly, "but if it happens it happens and maybe that wouldn't be so bad."

"Y'know, you're the one who's always talked me away from that shit when I tried bringin' it up," he says suspiciously but she knows there's a joking tone to it. "And now all of a sudden you're game?"

🎉 You've finished reading ✔𝚩𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝚩𝛐𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ➳ 𝚩𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝚩𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬 🎉