25║𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚊𝚔

« 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆: 𝑾𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒆𝒂𝒌 »

"𝐈 think I'm going to work today."

Bucky stops carding his fingers through her curly hair and she turns her head to look up at him. Her face is stern, concentrated. It's telling him to shut up and not say the first thing that comes to mind. To his credit, he doesn't. The second just isn't much better.

"What? Of course, you're not, Liv," he scoffs and shakes his head. He realises the mistake immediately as she huffs and gets out of bed, pushing hard on his chest. "C'mon we talked about it!"

"Yeah, well, I changed my mind because I'm gonna go insane if I can't work until the Sokovians are dealt with," she sneers while grabbing a dress from her closet and throwing it on, disregarding underwear for the time being.

"Is this about the shit T'Challa said last night? He was just overexaggerating!" Bucky explains, trying to keep a lightness to his tone but this is too damn stupid.

"He said weeks. I can't sit around for weeks!"

She's striding out of the bedroom before he even has the chance to fully pull on his sweatpants.

"Why d'you insist on pickin' a fight with me over this!" He yells after her, more gruffly than he intended. She's immediately back in the doorway.

"Oh, come on! This wasn't a damn fight until right about now," she scoffs and crosses her arms over her chest. "I need to do something, Bucky!"

"Well can't you stay around the club? Matt and Carol are still in town!" He pleads and tries to walk up to her, but she's backing away. He lets her and keeps his distance – he's learned that much.

"I need to help people! There's a reason I work the shifts I do," she groans in annoyance and throws her head back. "Do you even realise how many lives I could be helping right now?"

Bucky's nose crinkles.

"A lot?" He questions with a calmer voice and releases a heavy breath. He can't be mad or upset when she's displaying one of the features, he loves her so much for. It softens him right up. Olivia, however, seems equally pissed.

"Lord, you've never even thought about the work I do? Have you?"

"I know it's important," he grumbles, "but keeping you safe is a helluva lot more important than some kid who's got a tummy ache."

"Oh, sweet Jesus! You can't be serious!?"

"Of course, I'm serious about your safety-"

"About my damn job!" She snaps and rushes through the apartment towards the living room. He follows, not wanting her to run away from the argument.