20║𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝙳𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝

« 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚: 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝑫𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕 »

Olivia feels her stomach stirring. Like she's about to take an exam or something. A healthy dose of anxiety. Bucky has her hand in his and he grins over his shoulder as they file into the meeting room with everyone else. It's clear to see that only the important members are allowed; the ones she's been introduced to already. They all have their own designated seats.

Bucky sits down at the end of the table. He doesn't give her time to doubt where she should be as he pulls her down into his lap and wraps an arm around her waist. Pietro and Bruce give her a little side-eye, but they quickly stop themselves and go back to talking. Loki sits at the opposite end of the table, making brief eye contact with her, and he shoots her a wink. Olivia rolls her eyes as T'Challa and Sam settle into the seats on each side of them.

"Great, now that everyone's here, I think it's about time we discuss what to do about the Sokovians and Zemo," Bucky speaks when he sees fit and silence immediately emerges. He easily commands the room, all of them watching him. Him, and in connection, her.

"As you all know they've always been on the radar. I've never liked 'em," he chuckles lightly, and a snort of agreement sounds from Pietro. Bucky's Brooklyn accent has almost completely disappeared as he carefully enunciates each and every word.

"We were waiting on them to overstep before doing what's gotta be done. Well, with the way Zemo decided to break into Olivia's apartment and decided to start dealings with the Sons, now seems about as good a time as any."

He squeezes her waist a little and she leans into him, intertwining their fingers.

"They're dealing with the Sons?" Clint worriedly asks and Bucky gestures with the metal hand to Loki at the other end of the table.

"From what I have been able to gather of information, it appears the Sokovians want in on the money made from selling meth around town. They have made a compromise on territories. The Sons are too busy expanding in other cities to focus on Joy," Loki carelessly says while spinning back and forth in his chair.

"Are the Sons going to back them up when we hit them?" Pietro instantly asks.

"I do not expect them to. It will only be the division of Joy if they do," Loki replies.

"It doesn't matter," Bucky gruffs out.

All eyes immediately turn to him. Olivia senses the power he has over everyone. The respect. It's inherent in all of them and not something he needs to ask for, it's just there. She's a little jealous. At her job, she's always had to prove herself. It's been like that throughout her whole career. She always needed to do more than other people, than men, to establish respect and for them to believe in her. Some of them still don't respect her.