10║𝙰𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚙

« 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒆𝒏: 𝑨𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑 »

𝐓𝐡𝐞 homemade stereo blares music much louder than it should be at 4 am. Both Carol and Olivia are jumping around the couch as they whisper-scream along with the music. Both are too scared of their neighbours complaining if they have to hear their cat-like screeching of lyrics when they don't know every other word.

The two of them usually go out on Fridays, but with Olivia going out with Bucky, they needed to let out their steam another day. Thursday is the new Friday. That lovely sentence summoned the three bottles of wine that the two women have been busy sharing for the last two hours.

Olivia screeches as the Michael Jackson song spills from the stereo. She jumps onto the couch with a dramatic stance and points at Carol, pretending her wine bottle is a microphone.

"Hey, pretty baby with the high heels on!" She sings. Screw the neighbours.

"You give me fever like I've never ever known!" Carol sings back and fans her face.

"You're just a product of loveliness. I like the groove of your walk, your talk, your dress!" They simultaneously shout, and in perfect sync, they both take a large sip of their respective bottles.

The lights are fully on in the living room. The windows allow everyone to see inside from the street. They might look insane to most people as they dance around in oversized shirts. Carol put on her pyjama pants, while Olivia opted for an old pair of training shorts, she should have definitely thrown out years ago for being too small.

"Just kiss me baby and tell me twice. That you're the one for me. The way you make me feel –"

A loud knock interrupts the two women, who immediately fall into a fit of giggles. With surprising skill, Olivia leaps over the back of the couch while Carol keeps singing. She takes another swig from the bottle, feeling the fruity liquid flood her stomach and the alcohol rush through her bones. She isn't incredibly drunk but enough not to care about her tired feet and exhausted body.

"Oh, who is iiiiit?" She sings before grabbing onto the doorknob and twisting the lock. Olivia opens the door and is met with a slouched over Bucky along with a man who she's pretty sure is Sam Wilson from the things she's heard. "Bucky?"

"Hey, sugar. Don't you look gorgeous," he grins while holding a piece of cloth to the side of his head, and she notices the plumage of red on it.

"Oh my god!" She exclaims and hauls the two men inside. "Carol, we got company. Get to the couch, I'll find the first aid kit."

Olivia immediately sobers up and puts her bottle on the dresser. Someone turns down the stereo and when she gets back to the living room, Carol is shouting at Sam. Mostly about them interrupting and showing up to her apartment like this. She can tell the noise is hurting Bucky, and she sits down in front of him on the coffee table.