22║𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚢

« 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒘𝒐: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒏𝒚  »

𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 watches with her hands planted on her hips as Bucky jumps onto the back of the truck and lifts the last of her boxes. She's trying so hard to put the scowl on her face, but it just won't stay. She can't stop smiling – no matter how hard she tries not to.

"See, knew ya wanted me to take the last box," he laughs and jumps down with the small box beneath his metal arm. It's filled with her most treasured books, so of course, he's being careful with it too.

"No, I just like looking at you. I like all of this," she giggles and hooks her arms with his free one. She rests her head on his warm shoulder and pulls him close as they make their way up the stairs to his apartment.

"Yeah?" He hopefully asks, and she hums in agreement. "Me too."

The sun sets behind them and the remainder of Joy as they crawl the stairs where Sam, Carol, and Matt are busy unpacking the numerous boxes of items Olivia brought with her. There's a little of everything. Most of her things are from when she lived alone, her favourite pots and pans, a knickknack or two that someone she dated got her – she never had the heart to get rid of those things. Even if she no longer speaks to the person, the memories the items bring are still dear to her.

"Is that everything?" Matt asks with a smile in their general direction.

"Yup, this is the last box," Olivia cheerfully chirps and bounces over to help him put her books onto the shelf where Bucky made space for them.

He mostly had random decoration pieces there – nothing he picked out himself, so he had no quarrels getting rid of it. Sam busies himself in the kitchen by trying to make room for all of her pots and pans amongst the expensive ones already owned by Bucky.

Olivia could tell something was going on between them when Sam got to Carol's place with the truck. How they both tensed up and Sam looked almost disappointed. She gets it. At least, she thinks she does. Carol has tried numerous times throughout the day to get her alone so they can talk. Olivia is quite sure Carol didn't mean she should move in with Bucky for good, merely stay with him for a while until everything calms down and she won't get assaulted in their apartment.

It isn't a conversation she wants to have. It might end in a real fight for them. With how reluctant Carol has been throughout everything between her and Bucky, she wouldn't be surprised. Lord knows her dad is going to rage enough on his own when they get to that damned dinner she somehow agreed to this weekend.

"Hey, Buck? Can I talk to you for a second?" Sam sticks his head into the living room and asks. Bucky looks up from where he was about to make room for her old school trophies. He frowns.

"Uh... yeah sure," he grunts and stands up.

The two men disappear into the kitchen of the apartment. Olivia smiles, hoping this means they're going to talk out whatever going on between them. It's far from surprising Sam is the first to take the step. Anything else would have been confusing. She doesn't revel in the happiness of talking about it for long as Carol peeks up.