15║𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝙰𝚌𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗

« 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏: 𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍, 𝑨𝒄𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝑯𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏  »

« 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏: 𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍, 𝑨𝒄𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝑯𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏 »

𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 Quill is one of the most talkative people Bucky has ever met. How the man is able to keep any secrets is beyond him. Peter Quill became the head of the police department in Joy four years ago, assigned by the previous Sheriff Udonta who was just as crooked as Quill. Bucky has to give it to Quill, no one is better at bullshitting than him. He could talk his way out of most things and make his conversation partner think he's getting everything while Quill gives nothing. The oval-faced blond man walks through the bar, keeping his head low as he makes his way to the bar, towards Bucky and T'Challa. He slides into the seat and a grin spreads on his face.

"Mind getting me a beer?" He asks T'Challa who nods and walks over to the taps.

"What're you doing here, Quill?" Bucky asks calmly and takes a sip of his own glass.

"Official business, tinman," he chuckles and glances around the bar. "I'm here for Stark, supposed to inform him his dad's bones have been found and identified."

Bucky's movement freezes.

"Thought I'd tell you first. You seemed pretty interested in them before we even got them identified. If I didn't know any better..."

"I'm glad you know better," he sneers and Quill's cocky nature fades slightly.

"Anything you want me to do?"

"Nah, the Avengers don't have anything to do with it as far as I'm concerned," he says nonchalantly.

Quill courtly nods and gives the room a once-over. "Know where I can find Stark then?"

"He's in the back, in the shop," Bucky answers while the man's eyes land on Olivia and Loki. He's been keeping a close eye on them himself, but Loki hasn't overstepped yet.

"Shit, is that Ollie!?" Quill excitedly asks and Bucky frowns.

Does she know everyone in town or what?

"Yeah, she's my girl," he grunts, and the anger is already rising. Why does everyone know her? She's great, of course, but Joy isn't that small of a town.

Quill snorts. "Yeah, right. Your girl."

"I'm not kiddin'," he reiterates, and the blond warily watches him.

"Damn... I thought she was gay," Quill laughs and puts a hand on his metal shoulder. Bucky's nostrils flare, glaring at the hand and it's promptly removed. "Sorry."

"Didn't you have somethin' to tell Tony?"

"Oh, someone's getting sensitive."

Bucky's jaw tenses.

"Fine. Fine, I can see when I'm not wanted," he says with fake sadness, wiping an imaginative tear away from his cheek.

Bucky doesn't say anything as Quill slides out of the bar seat and walks through the place, going straight for the backdoor. He flips up the collars of the maroon jacket and walks back out into the afternoon sunlight.