24║𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙵𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢 𝙵𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐

« 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓: 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑭𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒚 𝑭𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 »

𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 eventually arrives sooner than anyone would've liked. Especially Olivia. She doesn't like facing her fears. Not like this. She prefers to do it in the safe room of Phil's office. Where the only sounds are the ones from outside and the walls themselves have been carefully soundproofed.

Things are very quickly becoming very real.

Bucky squeezes her thigh, and she leans further back into him. He presses a quick kiss to the side of her head. His body warms and calms her. The rest of the club are filling into the back "offices". Not just the people she's been introduced to, but everyone. There are people Olivia hasn't ever seen, but they settle in like the place is home to them.

Bucky has dragged out the large chair from the meeting room. Of course, he pulled her down on top of him immediately. Since people started walking in, her cheeks have become redder and redder. The way he keeps kissing and touching her, he's showing her off in front of everyone, making sure they understand, securing her to his side. There's something awfully primitive about it. And she adores it. Those wonderful butterflies are back.

Sam and T'Challa are keeping close to them. Pietro looks on edge. When they got here, he was pacing, and he's been following Bucky like a puppy eager for a treat. The long-haired blond is still tapping his foot up and down. With how his jaw rolls, he looks like one of the cokeheads who frequent the hospital.

Olivia deeply sighs and tangles her fingers with Bucky's on her thigh. By squeezing he silently asks if she's okay, cocking his head and raising an eyebrow but he's assured by a smile and nod from her, and his gaze returns to the gathering crowd.

The leather jackets or vests all have various differences. Whether it's a patch or cut, some writing or added spikes, they're all able to show more personality through the customisations. Pietro has a few bolts of lightning. Sam has some kind of bird on his shoulder – a modified version of the ones often seen on military patches, which he also has one of. Olivia's eyes continue to T'Challa. He has fewer modifications. The leather jacket is more clear-cut and not oversized like the others. But the longer she looks, the more seams appear. A panther-like pattern etched into the fabric, deliberate but still hidden.

She smiles.

Bucky straightens his spine, and she looks over her shoulder. Does he want her to move? He smiles and tugs her closer, kissing her cheekbone. Olivia's cheeks might burn off if he continues like this.

"So, is everyone settled?" A loud and authoritative voice comes from T'Challa.

She's never heard him sound like that but it's not something she lets show, it's better to act as if she's used to it, like it's normal. A round of murmurs emits in the office space. People have parked themselves on tables and on the floor, few wanting to continue standing and the ones who do have their arms crossed over their chests with deep frowns etched in their features.