How Unit 15 Met

Picture of Gene at the top.
------------------------------------------
It was Friday. I was a normal 15 year old girl sitting with her normal friends at lunch in a normal high school. This was before they took me. Before they did experiments on me. Before I was a freak.

"Did you guys finish Ms. Helen's project?" X'zaver asked. He was average height for a 15 year old guy. He was a brown haired, dark chocolate colored eyed Mexican. He was wearing a grey shirt and jeans.

"I did." I answered. Unlike X'zaver I was part German and part Swedish. I had unusually white hair, pale skin, and mud colored eyes. That I was wearing a pink shirt and black skirt.

"So did I." My friend Ande agreed. She was a tan skinned, green eyed girl with dirty blonde hair. She was wearing a light blue shirt with jean shorts.

"I thought so. I did too." X'zaver said.

We then continued to eat lunch. What we didn't know was that the school was about to get bombed in 3. 2. 1. BOOM! The side of the lunch room exploded, sending tables and people flying. Me and my friends got pushed into the ground because of the shock waves.

When we got up, I felt someone grab me and cover my mouth with a towel. I tried to get out of his grip but I felt myself getting sleepy. And sleepy. Until I fell unconscious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up to immense pain. I opened my eyes and saw people in surgical gear looming over me. I screamed in pain and tried to fight them, only to find my wrists and ankles were chained to the metal bed I was on.

"Someone sterilize her, now!" One of the surgeons ordered. I then felt someone insert a needle into my arm. As the liquid entered my body, I grew tired.

'Not. Again. Must. Stay. Awake.' I thought. I then fell asleep, letting the fluid take over.

I woke up for a second time in what looks like a hospital room. It looked like one at least: the walls were white, I was in a white bed with a white blanket over me, and there were machines on either side of my bed. I was wrong. What I didn't know was that I was in a science lab, on an island, controlled by the military, and one day away from having another 'surgery' done on me. Surgery meaning experiment.

I heard a door open to my left and turned to see a girl with black hair, blue eyes, and tan skin. She was dressed in a white nurse outfit. In her hands she held a tray with food on it. I also didn't know that this room was monitored by video cameras.

"Your awake." The girl said. She sounded happy. Why was she happy?

"Yea. Where am I?" I asked as she put the food tray on my lap. I lifted my hands from under the blanket and started to eat. There was jello and milk on the tray with a spoon.

"That doesn't matter right now." She answered. She was lying. She wanted to tell me but something held her back. "How are you feeling?"

"Good." I answered, swallowing milk.

"That's good." She nodded as I finished.

She then took my tray and left the room. I suddenly got the feeling of loneliness. I don't know why I felt that, there were people in the rooms next to me. They were about to die but they were still people. I got bored and decided to sleep. That was good. I didn't know it, but without the nap I was taking, I wouldn't survive the experiment they were about to test on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I woke up again, I was in a different room but in the same place. I was still in the same science lab, on the same island, controlled by the same government. The only difference was the room I was in. Now I was lying on a light grey bed. It looked like I was in a room. I looked down and saw I was wearing the same clothes from earlier.

I walked out of my room and saw that I had walked into a living room area at the end of a hallway. There was a couch in front of a T.V to my left. To my right was a short hallway leading to a door. Along the hallway were other doors. I didn't know it yet but those doors were bedrooms for other experiments like me.

I walked towards the couch and saw that there was a kitchen to my right and a small gym to my left. The kitchen was just a basic kitchen and when I walked into the gym, I saw that it had basic equipment in it. The gym would be used a lot in the future, but not now.

I walked back into the main room/hallway. This was where I discovered the other experiments. I heard a door open down the hallway and I looked over in time to see a guy with black hair and brown eyes walk out of his room. The thing that made him an experiment was the black wings on his back. He was wearing a black tank top and jeans and looked to be around 18. He smiled when he saw me.

"You must be new here." He greeted. "I'm Jack. You must be Gene. The scientists told us." My actual name is Isabella. The scientists given me this name. I decided to go along with it.

"Yea. Are we the only ones here?" I asked.

"No. The others will come out when they wake up." Jack answered.

"Wake up?" I ask confused.

"Yea. We were training before that. The scientists take us out every day to train us in a forest room." Jack explained.

"Who are these 'scientists?'" I question.

"The people that looked like hospital workers. We are not in a hospital. We are in a big science lab on an island and the government controls what we do here. No one has ever gone off the island before." Jack answered.

Just then another door opened and a boy came out. He was average height with brown hair, blue eyes, and tan skin with a little acne on his face; he was 17. His limbs were robotic limbs. He was wearing a brown shirt and jeans.

"This is Max. Sense they experimented on him he cant talk." Jack introduced. Max waved at me and I waved back.

More doors opened until I was surrounded by 5 other people. One was a girl that looked to be around 18. She had brown hair and bright blue robotic eyes. She was wearing a light purple shirt and jean shorts. Her name is Julie.

Next to her is a boy who seemed younger, around 10. He looked to have the ears and tail of a dog. His hair was light brown while his ears and tail were black. His eyes were blue. He was wearing a green shirt and black jeans. His name is Ryan.

There were two twins as well. There names were Blake and Mason. They were both boys and both had brown hair, tan skin, freckles, and light brown eyes. They had super speed and were both 17 years old and were both wearing light grey shirts and jeans.

The last one to come out was the oldest at age 19. His name is Justin. When you got close to him, you could see that his skin was scales, not skin. He had tan skin, brown hair, and brown eyes. He wore leadership like a cape. He was wearing a royal blue shirt and jeans.

Jack introduced me to them and then went to make us dinner. He said he was making spaghetti and meatballs. When he left, the twins sped to the gym, saying they were racing each other who clouds run the fastest on a treadmill. Julie and Ryan went to the couch to read, leaving me with Justin.

"Do you know what they did to you yet?" He asked.

"No. They haven't told me yet." I answered, shaking my head.

"Well you look normal. It must have been something inside you. That's probably where they have you your name." He observed.

"I guess." I shrugged.

"Do you want to watch the Speed Demons?" He asked.

"Who?"

"The twins."

"Sure."

And that began our friendship. I soon found out that Justin can change his scales to make him look like anyone. That seemed creepy to me. I got used to it though. Soon after I found out about Justin's 'ability' I found out what they had done to me. They had made my body able to heal faster than normal humans. You do not want to here how I found that out.

I also found out that the scientists call us Unit 15. I like it; Unit 15. It has a nice ring to it.