Max

I woke up in a different place. It was not like my home in the lab at all. Unlike my light green room in the lab, this room was light blue. It had a bed in the far right corner, a closet on the right wall at the foot of the bed, a dresser in the middle of those two on the left wall, and a door to a bathroom on the far left wall. The door was in the middle of the front wall. My bedroom at the lab had the same bed and closet placement but the dresser was against the far left corner of the room sense my room at the lab didn't have a bathroom in it.

I dressed in a dark red t-shirt, jeans, and black combat boots before walking out of my room. My room was at the end of a small hallway that had 3 doors on the sides. The doors all led to other bedrooms. I walked down the hall and emerged on top of a staircase. I walked down the stairs and came out in the small entrance way where the front door was.

I took a left, walked a couple feet, then turned right. To my right was the kitchen and to the left was the wooden table. The kitchen had a bar in front of it with a sink that faced the stove. The stove was in the middle of the counter and the fridge was on the far right. The stoves were on the far left on the small wall. There was empty counter tops connecting them. Above and below the counters were cabinets. The wooden table was a couple feet off the ground and there was leather chairs around it.

The tile floor led to the living room. To the left of the carpet against the wall was the T.V. and to the right was the couch. In front of the couch was a wooden coffee table. I walked to the bar and sat down. A tall, tan man with black hair was on the other side of the bar, washing strawberries at the sink. He looked up at me with his ice blue eyes as I sat down.

"Hello Max." He greeted.

"Hello dad." I greeted back.

"How was the lab?" He asked.

"Not fun. I hate not talking and faking that I was their friend." I answered.

"It must have been hard not to talk." My dad agreed.

"It wasn't." I sighed. "How have you been?"

"Good. Was being experimented on painful?" He questioned, cutting the tops of the strawberries off.

"No. It was painful. I mean really really REALLY painful." I acknowledged. "It was easy for them to believe that I couldn't talk after the experiment." I said experiment like it was poison.

"Im sorry you had to go. I would have helped if I was there. Good thing you contacted me though."

"It's okay. I know what the other people got from the experiment though."

"What are they?" By now he was cooking pancakes.

"There are two twins that have super speed, a girl that heals really fast, another girl with robotic eyes that's on our side, a guy with dog ears and tail, a guy with wings who is in the basement, a guy with scales that can make himself look like anyone, and a Hispanic guy that can talk to and control people with his mind."

"What are there names?"

"In order, they are Mason and Blake, Gene, Julie, Ryan, Jack, Justin, and X'zaver."

"Okay. So Julie's the one that's on our side right?" He handed me a plate with three pancakes on it.

"Right." I nodded. "We definitely need to get Justin on our team as well."

"I agree." My dad nodded, pouring syrup on his pancakes.

We ate breakfast in silence. After we cleaned our plate, I went down to the basement to check on Jack. The stairs to the basement were through a door beneath the stairs that led to the bedrooms. I turned on the lights before closing the door behind me.