Max

I paced back and forth in my backyard. My backyard was small but it had a small lawn to the left and a pool in the middle. There also was a hot tub on the top left corner of the pool. The pool was shaped like a pear, two bigger circles on the end that connected in the middle in a smaller piece. Around the hot tub on the land was a concrete circle where we put a table and chairs with an umbrella in the middle of the table. Next to the house outside the living room windows was a dark grey metal table with brown chairs around it. I was on the lawn near the hot tub. Pacing back and forth. Julie was sitting on the table near the hot tub eating strawberries and trying to hack into the lab. I was thinking of what to do about Unit 15.

"It's no use." Julie sighed. "I can't get past their defenses."

"Well keep trying." I snap, stopping to look at her. "There has to be a way through."

Julie rolls her eyes. "When will you ever accept defeat?" She asked as she goes back to the computer.

"Never." I answer, going back to pacing.

'What if we attack them from the glass dome again?' I thought. 'Then we can enter the lab by breaking down the door. Then we search the lab for their notes about Unit 15, Julie, and I. Once we find them then we can leave. If we find Unit 15 then we can kidnap them. Yes. That's what we can do. I'll tell Julie.' I turned to face Julie. I started speaking but Julie interrupted me.

"I got it!" Julie exclaimed as she jumped out of her chair.

"Really?" I asked, shocked. I walked over to her computer. It was downloading all their files.

"Yea. It was easy actually. I don't know how I didn't get it the first time." She answered, sitting back down again.

"How'd you do it?" I ask, pulling up a chair next to her.

"You just had to answer a question." She explained.

"What was the question?" I ask.

"It was 'How many members are in Unit 15?'" She answered.

"That is the easiest question ever." I sighed. "When will they learn to protect their information better?"

"I don't know. But we got the information. That's al that matters." Julie agreed.

"Yea. How long until everything uploaded?" I asked.

"About half an hour." Julie observed.

I whistled. "That's a lot of information. Will they still have the information on their computers though?"

"No. We will have all of it." Julie answered.

"Nice. You keep an eye on that and text me when you've finished." I told her. I then went to get ready to go to Jason's house.

I wore a green shirt, jeans, and grey running shoes while walking to my friend's house. I had my iPhone 6 and my wallet in my pockets. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. I heard Maria call out she was coming while she ran downstairs.

"Hello Max!" She greeted with a smile while opening the door. "How are you today?"

"I'm good. How about you?" I smile back.

"Good. You can come in. Jason is upstairs in his room." She answered, shutting the door behind me as I left.

"Thank you." I nodded while taking off my shoes before walking upstairs.

"Your welcome." She acknowledged.

I walked upstairs and into Jason's room. He was laying on his bed reading a book but looked up when he saw me.

"Oh hello Max. I got your text. What did you need?" He greeted, putting his book away. I sent him a text earlier that said 'I'm on my way to your house now. I need to tell you something.'

"It's about the lab where I came from." I answered. "I'm downloading their lab notes to my laptop as we speak."

"Congrats."

"Thanks."

"Hosting a party?" Jason joked.

"Nope." I answered.

"Dang it."

I laughed. "You thought I would host a party just because I got some information?"

"Well yea." Jason mumbled.

"Sorry but no. My dad wouldn't let me anyways."

"Seriously?"

"Yup. He only lets me have parties for holidays and birthdays."

"Harsh."

"I know."

"Want to play Minecraft?"

"Sure."

We then spent the rest of the morning playing Minecraft and stopped to eat lunch. While we were eating lunch, I got a text. I opened my phone and read it.

"Who is that?" Jason asked, swallowing a bite of his burrito.

"Julie. She says the information is done downloading." I answered.

"Nice. Can I come over and look at it with you?"

"I'll ask my dad." I acknowledged.

I closed my messages with Julie after replying to her and went to the ones with my dad. I asked him what Jason asked me and put down my phone to wait for a reply. My phone buzzed a couple minutes later and when I picked it up I saw it was my dad. He said yes.

After lunch, we went up to Jason's room so he could get his stuff ready. He was sleeping over at my house. Once he got his bag ready, which didn't take that long, we left his house and walked over to mine. Once there, I found Julie at the kitchen table looking at my laptop. She looked like she was horrified and was silently crying.

"What'd you find?" I ask, walking up next to her. She shook her head and got up, sliding the computer to me. I watched as she walked outside.

"Wonder what she'd been through." Jason mumbled, walking next to me.

"We're about to find out." I told him as I started to look at the files, starting with Jack.

Before he came here, Jack was in a gang. But it wasn't a bad gang. All they did was steal. They didn't do drugs or kill people at all. Justin was the leader of them.

'No wonder he is a natural leader.' I thought.

Ryan was kidnapped from his mansion. The people blew half his house up to get him. His parents didn't notice either until a couple days later.

'Well he has good parents.' I thought sarcastically.

The twins were kidnapped after their high school lunch room was blown up. Their parents noticed. Me and Julie were brother and sister so we knew how we were taken. We were taken the same way the twins were taken but from a different high school. We also learned that we weren't the only ones tested on. This is probably what Julie was reading when she started crying.

The scientists had tested on a total of 25 kids before us. Mostly they were kids from elementary school or early middle school. The pictures were gruesome and Jason threw up over the fence.

We shut down the computer right as my dad finished making dinner. We never saw my mom, she disappeared after my birth. We walked to the table closest to the house and sat down next to each other in the seats closest to the pool. My dad came out a minute later with fried chicken. I got Jason and I a diet coke to drink before we ate.

After dinner, Jason and I went to my room to play Call of Duty. We played for about half an hour before we went downstairs and watched a movie with my dad. We watched The Hunger Games, Fast and Furious, and Divergent before we went to our rooms. Jason slept in the room across from mine, which we made a guest room. I couldn't wait to put my plan into action and kidnap Unit 15.