Justin

Today we got another message from Jack. X'zaver told us what it was when we were training. We trained more and more every day, coming home later and later.

"Jack said that Max came to him yesterday." X'zaver explained. "He said he can talk and is on the bad side."

"He can talk?!" Gene gasped.

"That's what Jack said." X'zaver nodded.

"I can't believe he's on the bad side." I sighed. "I thought he was our friend."

"Jack said he was faking it." X'zaver said.

The trainers interrupted us, saying that we had to get back to training if we are going to get Jack back. We listened and went with our soldiers to train. My soldier was a tan boy with light brown hair and green eyes named Andrew.

"Now turn into me." Andrew instructed.

I closed my eyes and thought of what Andrew looked like. I felt my scales change to look like him, starting from my feet and going up. It only took me a couple seconds but it felt longer. Once I finished, I opened my eyes.

"Very good. Now change back." Andrew praised.

Changing back was easier than changing into someone. I just had to close my eyes and say my name three times in my head. I always closed my eyes when I changed. It was a habit.

We practiced my ability until lunch. I then went near my friends by the river to eat lunch. I sat against a tree eating my lunch, Gene was playing with Ryan near the river, the twins were in the grass practice fighting, and Julie was pacing in the grass away from everyone else. Gene and Ryan switched from skipping rocks to practice fighting. Julie walked over to me a couple minutes later.

"Want to train with me?" She asked.

"Sure." I shrugged, eating the last of my sandwich. I then got up and followed her to the grass.

I stood in fighting position across from Julie. It didn't look like she was going to start so I took a step forward and threw a punch her way. She dodged it and tried to punch me back. I stepped back to dodge it and kicked her feet out from under her.

She fell to the ground and I walked to her. Before I could attack, she kicked my legs out from under me. Before I could react, she got on me and started to punch me. I didn't think she actually would hurt me but she did. I brought my hands up to protect my face while trying to dodge the blows. I brought my feet to my chest and kicked her off of me.

She flew a couple feet away and I got up, wiping my bloody nose with a sleeve. Right as she hit the ground, she got up and rushed at me. I stepped aside and put a fist out. She ran into my fist and I made contact with her gut. She fell to the ground, clutching her stomach and I got my sword out of its holder on my back. It may be an old fashion weapon but I was good with it. I held it to her throat and gently pulled her head up to look at me.

"Don't you ever hurt me again. Got that?" I asked. She nodded and I put my sword away again.

I held out a hand to help her up and she took it. Everyone had crowded around us when the fight started and now they started to walk away.

"Can I heal you?" Gene asked. I nodded and held out my wrist.

Gene can also share her powers with anyone else. All she had to do was hold your wrist and close her eyes. She then went to work healing your injuries. She healed my bloody nose, black eye, and any other small cuts and bruises I had.

"Thank you." I told her as she let go and opened her eyes.

"You're welcome." She acknowledged, walking back to Ryan.

We went back to training a couple minutes later. This time, I was training with my sword. Andrew had replaced his gun with a nerf gun. He used that and pretended that he was an enemy fighting me. No bullets touched my skin, only deflected off my sword.

We went home at dinner time. X'zaver made pizza and salad for dinner. After we ate and cleaned up our meal, we watched the news to see if there was anything exciting. We watched a couple robberies before the trainers turned the tv off.