Max

This picture is of Max.
------------------------------------------
The next day the trainers told us we were playing a game of capture the flag. Their version of capture the flag involved ribbon around our waists. The point of the game is to pull the ribbons off of everyone else but not to get your flag pulled in the process. When your flag was pulled, you're out.

They put us in teams of two; red team and blue team. Justin led the red team and Jack led the blue. They were the two oldest so they were always made team captain. On Jack's team were Julie, Mason, and Blake. On Justin's team were Gene, Ryan, and me. The blue team got blue flags and the red team had red flags.

After we got dressed in our training outfits we went out to the arena. Our training outfits were black combat boots, black bullet proof pants, and a short sleeve black bullet proof shirt. The two teams split up inside the arena. My group went towards the small ridge while Jack's group went towards the clearing on the other side of the arena. We then made a plan of attack.

"I say we split up and surround them. Then they have no escape." Justin proposed.

"That sounds good, but how would we do that?" Gene asked. "Jack will probably be surveying the ground for us and warn his team before we even get close to them."

"I will disguise myself as one of them and walk in." Justin answered.

"But that won't work. All of them are together." Ryan observed.

"Not all of them." Gene told him. "They think Jack is in the sky."

"O yea. Now I get it." Ryan said.

"How about you, Max. Do you understand?" Justin asked me.

I nodded and put a thumbs up to tell them that I understood.

"Good. There is only one problem though. And that's the twins. They can get our flags before we even know what's happening. So we should aim for them first." Justin explained.

"Got it." Ryan and Gene said. I nodded in agreement.

Justin pressed a button on his flag and it lit up. We all did the same. Once the blue team lit up theirs, the trainers blew an air horn. That's the only way the trainers could signal to us that the game stared so we could all hear.

Once we heard the signal, we raced towards the other group. Me, Gene, and Ryan stopped behind trees right out of earshot of the blue team while Jason walked in, disguising himself as Jack. Once we heard the signal from him, which was him saying now, we raced out.

Me and Gene aimed for the twins as Ryan aimed for Julie. The twins saw us and raced past us. The only thing about the twins is that when they run their fastest, they have a blur behind them. Me and Gene watched them and when they were coming at us, we knelt down and grabbed their flag as they passed. Once we had the flag, we pressed the button on it, turning the light off.

Once the light was turned off after it had been on, you couldn't turn it on again. This is how the trainers knew which team won, they had sensors in the light which told them when it had en turned on or off. This way, people won't cheat.

We gave the twins their flags back and looked for Justin. We found him facing Jack. They were standing in a way that looked like one was going to take another's flag any second. Jack stepped towards Justin but Justin stepped back. Justin did the same but Jack dodged it. They did this a couple more times before Justin eventually got Jack's flag and turned the light off.

Gene cheered and I smiled and showed him two thumbs up. He smiled back and walked over to us. Right as he joined us, the trainers walked up to the clearing.

"Nice victory red team." The soldier without s gun praised. "You are dismissed. Blue team, stay with me."

I mouthed a 'good luck' to my friends on the blue team before giving the man my flag and following my teammates back to our room. We all sat down on the couch, waiting for our friends to get back.

"What do you think the trainers are telling them?" Gene asked.

"I think they are just lecturing them about different strategies they could use against us." Justin suggested.

I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and wrote out my answer: 'I think they are scolding them for not winning and doing what Justin thought.'

"I agree." Gene nodded.

The blue team then walked back in. Their heads were down and Jack's wings were dragging against the ground. Even the twins looked sad; that meant something happened. The twins never got sad unless something really bad happened.

"What happened?" Justin asked.

"We aren't allowed to leave this room for 3 weeks." Julie answered. Wow. That was bad.

"How come?" Gene questioned.

"It's because this was the 5th time we lost to you." Jack replied.

I wrote something on a piece of paper and handed it to them to read. "We're sorry we made you loose. We will go on the defense next time." It read.

"Thanks." Jack acknowledged. I nodded, smiling.

Everyone became silent. I broke the silence by whistling the song "Cool Kids" by Echosmith. Everyone joined in:

She sees them walking in a straight line, that's not really her style.
And they all got the same heartbeat, but hers is falling behind.
Nothing in this world could ever bring them down.
Yeah, they're invincible, and she's just in the background.
And she says,
"I wish that I could be like the cool kids,
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
I wish that I could be like the cool kids, like the cool kids."
He sees them talking with a big smile, but they haven't got a clue.
Yeah, they're living the good life, can't see what he is going through.
They're driving fast cars, but they don't know where they're going.
In the fast lane, living life without knowing.
And he says,
"I wish that I could be like the cool kids,
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
I wish that I could be like the cool kids, like the cool kids.
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to get it.
I wish that I could be like the cool kids, like the cool kids."
And they said,
"I wish that I could be like the cool kids,
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
I wish that I could be like the cool kids, like the cool kids.
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
I wish that I could be like the cool kids, like the cool kids.
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to get it.
I wish that I could be like the cool kids, like the cool kids."
Whoa
Like the cool kids.

"I'll make dinner." Justin offered. When no one objected, he left. We loved Justin's cooking; he made the best lasagna.

We took showers while dinner was being made. After our showers, we went out and sat on the couch, watching the news while we waited. Nothing was happening that interested us. Usually there is something exciting, like a cop chase or an escaped prisoner. But there was nothing good now.

Dinner was ready right as something good came on: there was a cop chasing a person who had just robbed a bank. We paused the show then ate dinner. After dinner, we finished watching the chase. That is after we cleaned up dinner. We watched the news until the scientists remotely turned it off at 10:30. We then went to bed.