Jack

Picture of Jack at the top. I will put pictures of the characters at the top of their chapters. The first chapter was three months before this chapter; it was a backstory.
-----------------------------------------
Today the scientists were taking us out to the forest arena again. Sense Gene was here, they wanted to see how she coped with their form of training. I made everyone eggs and toast for breakfast before we left.

The forest arena was a big glass dome that the scientists made look like a forest. This was the closest anyone had gotten to being outside. There was no lights, the sun lit up the whole thing. My favorite thing to do was to fly up and hover with my back facing the ground and relaxing near the top with the sun warming my body.

I relaxed above the forest while they were training Gene. They were having her hunt for the first half and fight for the second. I have to admit, she was a good hunter. She caught more than anyone else. She was practicing fighting now. Sense I was above the forest, I couldn't hear how she fought.

"Jack please report to the clearing. Jack report to the clearing. Thank you." The speaker announced.

I sighed then folded my wings, back diving to the ground. I flipped around so that my back was facing the dome. I aimed towards the clearing where Gene and a couple soldiers were. I heard the wind whistle as I dove. One I was at tree height, I spread my wings, causing me to fly up a foot because of the wind. I then landed on my feet, folding my wings behind me.

"Jack, you are going to fight Gene so we can see her process." One of the soldiers said. All 3 soldiers were wearing black combat gear and two of them were holding guns. The one that spoke didn't have a gun.

I nodded then got in fighting stance. My knees were bent and my legs were shoulder length apart and my hands were in front of me in fists. My left fist was level with my right wrist and my wings were unfolded. Gene got into the same stance, except that she had no wings.

Gene rushed at me and I flew up above her head. She seemed to expect that for she grabbed my foot and pulled me down. I landed on my back with my wings outstretched. Before she could attack, I quickly got up, using my wings as leverage, and tackled her. I held my fist next to my ear aimed at her throat to signal that I would have won.

"Very good." The soldier not holding a gun announced. I got up and helped Gene up as well. "Jack, you're dismissed for today. Gene we need to work on your defense more."

"Yes sir." I nodded. I then turned and walked out of the arena.

Once out of the arena, I was led back to the living quarters by two soldiers. I then went right to my room and took a nice, long, hot shower before throwing on a white t-shirt and blue sport shorts. I walked out of my room and went to the couch to read. I was currently reading about a pack of wolves on a journey to find a new home after their old one was attacked by a enemy pack. I had just set down the book, I had just finished it, when Gene came back. She was sweating and panting.

"How was training?" I asked, standing up.

"Tiring. Can I have some water?" She answered.

Blake suddenly appeared holding a bottle of water. "Here you go." He smiled.

"Thanks." Gene gasped, taking the bottle. Blake then disappeared. Gene opened the bottle and gulped the water down.

"Better?" I asked.

"Better." She agreed.

"Want to help me make dinner? I'm making pizza." I offered.

She agreed and together we made a half cheese, half pepperoni pizza. On the pepperoni side we put diced bell peppers and black olives. Once the pizza was done, which took about 50 minutes in all, I called everyone to the kitchen. We had a table in front of the cooking place where we sat.

"Great pizza, who made it?" Julie asked.

"Gene and I did." I answered.

"Well I like it." She nodded.

"I do too." Justin agreed. Max nodded to show he did as well.

"Well I'll make it again sometime." I promised.

After dinner, we all played Charades before going to bed. In the past three months sense we met, we all got used to each other and have all became great friends.