Jack

The next day, the people on the island let us sleep in. That was surprising to us, usually the trainers made us wake up early back at the lab. We didn't mind though, we needed the sleep after yesterday. Even I needed it.

Today, the people got the trackers out of our arms. It wasn't that painful. Afterwards, we did some light training. All we did was run, swim, and review our moves. We then did whatever we wanted to do for the rest of the day.

I choose to build. I was making a dock with the help of Gene and Justin. X'zaver stayed on the shore with Ryan. I was building a dock so we could fish, swim, and hopefully boating once we get the boats.

I surfaced from putting a pillar in the ground and climbed on top of the pillar. I spread my wings and gently shook them to get all the water off. Once all the water was off of them, I flew back to the shore and started to grab another. I was about to take off but I saw Gene coming towards me so I folded my wings and put down the log, waiting for her.

"How's progress going?" She asked, putting her tool belt on the ground before hugging me.

"Good." I hugged back. "I just need to put three more pillars in then I could work on making the dock stronger."

"Sounds fun." She smiled.

"It is. I like flying underwater." I smiled back.

"Good thing because you'll be doing a lot of it." Gene joked.

I kissed her forehead. "I need to get back to work."

"Okay. I'll see you at lunch then." She called as I flew to the end of the dock with the log.

I put the log straight up, the end with a point facing the water. I lined up the log with the other one before taking a deep breath and diving under. I got close to the point and swam down, using my wings to go faster. Once I got to the bottom, I planted the spike end in the sea floor so it would stay standing without support. Once that was done, I flew back up, dried my wings, and repeated the process.

I finished putting the pillars in right as Ryan brought out our lunch that he made us. I sat on the beach next to Gene as I ate. Ryan made us sandwiches. I got a turkey sandwich with tomatoe, lettuce, and Ranch. Gene got a tuna sandwich.

"I can't wait for the dock to be finished." Gene said with her mouth full.

"I can't either." I agreed.

"I can build a boat if you want."

"That would be great! How do you know how to build one?"

"My dad taught me."

"That's cool."

"We should get back to work."

"Okay."

We then threw away our trash and got back to building. I grabbed a shorter log and went under two pillars. I then nailed in the wood right under the floor of the dock in between the pillars to hold it up. I repeated this process for all the spaces.

I then made an 'x' in between two pillars underneath the log from the previous process and made another horizontal log under that. I repeated this until I got to the sea floor and for every space between pillars.

Once the dock was finished, we built a ladder at the end of the dock so we can get back up once we swam. We then got our swim suits on and jumped in. We swam until dark.

The twins made dinner tonight. They made grilled chicken and cooked vegetables. It was good. We then hung out by the fire after we ate. I brought out my guitar that the scientists have me and played some music. I have been playing guitar for years. The scientists must have known this because they got me a new one. Unlike the black acoustic guitar I had at home, they got me a wooden one with a black pick guard. It sounded beautiful.

I played and sang until we all felt tired. We then walked back to out houses. I was humming Stay With Me.

'Why don't you, stay with me. Cause you're, all I need.'