Gene (The Battle)

The next week we relaxed and trained lightly. We were all ready for battle. We sent Max our answer last week and got a reply on Thursday. He sent us this:

'To: snowhair@yahoo.com
From: gammerman@yahoo.com
Message: So you choose to fight. That's okay. Then I will blow up the world once I win. The fight is next Sunday on your island. Be ready. Good luck.
-M'

We told the trainers what the email said and they worked on getting their defenses ready. We weren't allowed to help. That was okay, we wanted to be ready for battle just in case Max decided to attack sooner. He didn't though.

On Sunday, everyone was nervous. When was he coming? How was he coming? Was he going to blow something up? We did t know the answers and we didn't want to find out.

Right as we finished lunch, Max came. He came by sea on a battle ship. We were prepared though. We all go to our own battle ship and headed out to meat him. Both of our boats stopped across from each other with the side with weapons facing the other ship. My friends and I had our battle suits on. Our battle suits were all black with long sleeves and pant legs. They were bullet proof and tight fitting. Max stepped close to the edge so we could see him and was handed a bull horn. Justin and I did the same and Justin was given a bull horn to answer him.

"Surrender now and we won't have to fight." Max said through the bull horn.

"Unit 15 never surrenders." Justin acknowledged.

"Okay then. Just keep in mind that I have the button to explode the world." Max shrugged, showing us a covered button.

"We will." I nodded.

"Okay. Just remember, it didn't have to end like this." Max said.

We then put down our bull horns and waited for someone to start. Max's boat fired first. They sent a missile our way and it struck the deck of our ship. Jack immediately flew to Max's ship, his bow in his hands loaded with an arrow and his quiver on his back. I was holding onto his feet to fly over there as well. I had a pistol in a gun holster on my right side and was holding a black metal staff.

We landed in the middle of a group of bad soldiers and engaged in combat. I fought off four soldiers while Jack took on two. I saw someone coming from behind him so I bent low, moving my staff level with the ground and spun in a circle, tripping anyone around me.

"Thanks." Jack said as he continued to fight.

"You're welcome." I nodded, getting up and continuing to fight.

We fought our way inwards, heading straight for Max. We were also dodging missiles that our boat was launching. Jack and I fought side by side to get to Max faster. It was hard and we got hurt, but I healed us when I could.

We saw Max in the middle of the ship and headed towards him. The fighting was getting more and more difficult with each step we took. Max must have had the strongest and most skilled fighters go closer to him. At one point, I caught his eye but i had to focus on the fighting again.

We were almost to Max when I was tackled by someone. I was still clutching my staff so I was using that to block the person's blows. One look at the person's face and I knew it was Julie. I grew mad at her and hit her back with my staff as well as blocking her blows. I got my staff under her and threw her off of me. Jack, who was just finishing with one soldier, saw her and flew up to fight her. I turned to face Max.

He was standing alone in the middle of the ship. When he saw me, he smiled evilly and held up the button. I walked towards him but he took a step back. We made eye contact and I stopped walking. Something in his eyes told me not to move.

"Take one more step and I'll press the button." He threatened. I knew it.

"Then how will I save the world?" I ask.

"You won't." He answered. "Unless you surrender."

"I will never surrender to you." I spat.

"Not willingly." He shrugged.

Before I could ask what that meant, I felt someone grab my hands and handcuff them behind me. I tried to fight back but they had a tight grip on me. When I tried to use my staff, they took it and threw it aside. I looked behind me and saw it was a really strong soldier. He shoved me to my knees as Max walked closer.

"I told you that you shod have surrendered." He grinned, squatting in front of me.

"I never surrender. And you would never get away with this." I smirked.

"Yes I will. See for yourself." He told me, gesturing to his left.

I looked to his left and saw Jack stuck in a net. "Jack!" I gasped as I struggled to escape. I couldn't escape because the soldier was holding me tightly.

"He would only be free if you surrender." Max said.

I looked back at him, enraged. "Never!" I spat, lunging at him. The soldier didn't have a tight enough grip on me so I landed on Max.

Sense I didn't have any free hands, Max easily threw me off. I got up right as I landed and moved my hands in front of me by jumping. I lunged at him again and this time I aimed for his back. I got on and chocked him with the chains of the hand cuffs.

"You. Wouldn't. Dare. Kill me." Max chocked.

"You threatened my friends and my boyfriend! I will kill you." I growled. With that, I dug the chains in farther, cutting off his air supply. He went limp, dead. I got off of him and grabbed my staff, heading towards where Jack was held.

Once I was close, soldiers headed towards me. I fought them off, determined to get to Jack. Once I got to him, I untangled him from the net. He hugged me once he was out. I hugged back.

"Thank you for rescuing me." he smiled.

"You're welcome." I smiled back.

"Did you really mean I'm your boyfriend?" He asked.

"Yes I did." I answered.

We looked up at each other. His eyes showed nothing but love and affection. To my surprise, he leaned down and kissed me. I kissed back, happy. Max was dead, the world was saved, and I had an amazing boyfriend.

'I'm going to have a good life.' I thought. 'A good, happy life.'